A.P Dillon on Social Media
Donate with PayPal
Donate with Venmo
Donate Other Ways
LATEST LL1885 POSTS
- Buncombe County Schools psychologist arrested on sexual exploitation charges
- Brunswick teacher resigns after arrest for over 25 pounds of pot found in home
- More victims come forward in case of convicted New Hanover Schools teacher
- Wake County substitute teacher charged with murder
- Durham Public Schools prioritizes “equity policy” following pandemic failures
- Two New Hanover Public Schools employees charged with sex crimes within weeks
- Wake County Students has additional charges added to rape charge
- Former Chatham High teacher convicted of multiple felonies transferred to “minimum custody”
- Harnett County private school employee charged with sex acts
- The Leandro comprehensive plan was submitted yesterday
Tag Archives: School Crime
The annual school crime report was published and these are the main highlights, which include an increase in sexual related assaults and assault on school staff. Continue reading
Following the revelations in Broward County Public Schools following the Valentines Day shooting, all eyes should be on the recently released NC Dept. of Public Instruction (NC DPI) annual school crime report.
It’s still a draft right now, but it likely won’t change much. Continue reading
A former student of Wakefield High entered the school with a knife this week.
RALEIGH, N.C. (WNCN) – A former Wakefield High School student was arrested Monday morning after bringing a knife onto campus and into the media center, Principal Malik Bazzell said in a release posted on Twitter. Continue reading
In case you missed it, an East Wake High School student bit off a large part of another student’s earlobe during a fight on a Wake county school bus ride on March 4th.
The story was picked up by Hollywood tabloid, The Smoking Gun, calling Romero a “Tyson Wannabe Arrested on Chomping Charge”.
Oh good. Continue reading
A look at the Reality and the Rhetoric around gun control, background checks and mental illness.
Who decides what illnesses are used? What criteria?
Like most parents with children in school, I worry about what they are learning and doing all day. I also worry about their safety. Violence and crime in schools is on the rise and I’ve written about the troubling fight incidents going on in my own school district.
Like other parents, I also worry about the idea of a shooter coming into my kid’s school. Schools are the ultimate soft target. They are largely unguarded, especially elementary schools and middle schools.
KEEP READING…. Continue reading
Education news from around the state of North Carolina and Beyond.
ACTION ITEM: @SpeakerRyan, Two Days To Vet 391 Pages Impacting Millions of Kids?
Highlights: School crime/violence continues in CMS, WCPSS areas, School choice surging, Governor McCrory steps up & joins Amicus Brief and an update on Special Snowflakes on College Campuses.
Reminder: The final Academic Standards Review Commission meeting is Friday, December 18th.
KEEP READING… THERE’S MORE…. Continue reading