A.P Dillon on Social Media
Donate with PayPal
Donate with Venmo
Donate Other Ways
LATEST LL1885 POSTS
- Union County teacher charged with disseminating obscenities to minors
- Former Tyrell County teacher arrested, extradited to W. VA on obscene materials charges
- Guilford County Schools assistant football coach arrested on indecent liberties charge
- Report: Charter schools saw massive enrollment gains during pandemic
- Man working in Winston-Salem district arrested for exposure has record of prior acts
- Scotland County teacher charged in 2018 sentenced in plea deal
- Wake County Schools employee charged with sexual exploitation of minor
- Photos from NCAE Leadership event include slides on ‘Power’ and membership issues
- More sexual exploitation charges added to Iredell middle school teacher
- New Hanover County Schools lawsuit has new allegations of rape added
Tag Archives: NC Chamber of Commerce
“The business community’s input and needs were heard and clearly addressed in the high school math standards approved by the State Board.”
– NC Chamber of Commerce 6/14/16
The business community’s needs and input are far more important than that of parents and students. Continue reading
With the primary rapidly approaching, the mailer wars have begun.
This one in #NC48 put out by the NC Chamber is particularly hilarious.
Stick around while I give it the ‘Nelson treatment’. Continue reading
The Daily Haymaker has an article up about the NC Chamber of Commerce meddling in the race to fill Sen. Apodaca’s seat (NC-48). From the looks of it, one of the two who has gotten into this race has the Chamber behind them.
KEEP READING… TRUE CONSERVATIVES ARE UNDER ATTACK. Continue reading
In case you missed it this week, The NC Chamber of Commerce sent a letter to the Co-Chairs of the Common Core Academic Standards Review Commission pushing for a Florida-like rebrand.
Co-Chair Tammy Covil replied, which prompted the NC Chamber’s Gary Salamido to play the game of trying to get the last word in by sending another letter. The second letter was a case study in condescending tunnel-vision.
Well, I took a look at the FOIA for the first letter again. It was not sent directly by Gary Salamido, but instead by a professional lobbyist name Andrew Meehan.
KEEP READING…. Continue reading
Earlier this week, I published the results of a Freedom of Information Act request that yielded a letter to the Co-Chairs of the Common Core Academic Standards Review Commission (ASRC) from Gary Salamido of the NC Chamber of Commerce.
His letter pushed for revisions that would mirror rebrand states like Florida and Kentucky, while pressing for a particular course of action when it came to the ASRC hearing feedback from parents and teachers.
Co-Chair Tammy Covil answered Mr. Salamido very directly — and I may add, Co-Chair Covil responded extremely accurately and honestly.
Mr. Salamido apparently didn’t like being called on the carpet, and has fired off another letter to the Co-Chairs, this one even more condescending than the first.
KEEP READING… Continue reading
A Freedom of Information Act request sent to New Hanover County School System has yielded a letter sent by Gary Salimido of the NC Chamber of Commerce to the Common Core Academic Standards Review Commission (ASRC). The letter from Salamido … Continue reading