A.P Dillon on Social Media
Donate with PayPal
Donate with Venmo
Donate Other Ways
LATEST LL1885 POSTS
- Half of U.S. Commission on Civil Rights pen letter to U.S. AG over targeting of parents
- Union County teacher charged with disseminating obscenities to minors
- Former Tyrell County teacher arrested, extradited to W. VA on obscene materials charges
- Guilford County Schools assistant football coach arrested on indecent liberties charge
- Report: Charter schools saw massive enrollment gains during pandemic
- Man working in Winston-Salem district arrested for exposure has record of prior acts
- Scotland County teacher charged in 2018 sentenced in plea deal
- Wake County Schools employee charged with sexual exploitation of minor
- Photos from NCAE Leadership event include slides on ‘Power’ and membership issues
- More sexual exploitation charges added to Iredell middle school teacher
Tag Archives: Academic Standards Review Commission
The North Carolina Academic Standards Review Commission (ASRC) held its monthly meeting on Friday, November 13th.
Coastal Carolina Taxpayers Association has graciously provided minutes from the meeting. In addition to the minutes, I live Tweeted the meeting.
KEEP READING…. Continue reading
On Monday, October 19th, the NC Common Core Commission (or ASRC) had their monthly meeting.
I’d like to thank Kim Fink of Coastal Carolina Taxpayers Association for taking some minutes during the meeting. Those minutes can be viewed in my ASRC Repository.
I live tweeted the first half of the meeting. View my Storify article to see the timeline.
KEEP READING… Continue reading
The North Carolina Academic Standards Review Commission (ASRC) tasked with reviewing and making recommendations on the Common Core Standards met on Monday, July 20th. Continue reading
Yesterday, the NC Common Core Commission, known as the Academic Standards Review Commission (ASRC), met. The meeting location was changed. The meeting was held in the State Board of Education board room at the Department of Public Instruction so the meeting could finally be live streamed. Apparently, the Department of Administration was unable to live stream.
I was at the meeting and tweeted throughout the meeting. You can see my tweet timeline in the Storify article, NC Common Core #ASRC Meeting – 1/16/15.
KEEP READING – THERE IS QUITE A LOT MORE… Continue reading
The next meeting of the NC Common Core Commission (a.k.a. Academic Standards Review Commission) will be held on December 15th from 1-5 pm.
This will be the fourth meeting. As far as we know, still no funding.
There is still next to NO content on their website. No minutes. No agendas. No email conversations. No presentation materials.
NADA. This is transparency?!?
KEEP READING – MEETING DETAILS AND LOCATION INFO – Continue reading
There are a lot of people out there speculating on the funding to support the Common Core Academic Standards Review Commission (ASRC). Some of the assumptions out there are muddied or incorrect. To clarify the funding for this commission, we need to look at the history of SB 812.
The original version put forth placed funding as the responsibility of the Dept. of Administration (DOA) in section six of the bill.
SECTION 6. There is appropriated from the General Fund to the Department of Administration the sum of two hundred fifty thousand dollars ($250,000) for the 2014‑2015 fiscal year to implement Section 2 of this act.
KEEP READING – THERE IS MORE – HIT THE TIP JAR! Continue reading