A.P Dillon on Social Media
Got PayPal? Donate Today!
Donate Other Ways
Got News? Get the Newsletter.
LATEST LL1885 POSTS
- New Hanover substitute teacher arrested for peeing in a cup in front of students
- #WCPSS Updates: District won’t turn over MVP Math docs, Enrollment estimates drop, and magnet priorities
- NCED Updates: New Hanover Predators, Istation, Common Core, Leandro, NCAE & Elections
- #WCPSS Updates: Another “Equity” camp, Literacy, a brawl and other headlines
- #NCED Updates: School Choice Week, NCAE Strike, Istation updates and Teacher Turnover
- Cleveland County teacher arrested for propositioning 15-year-old boy using social media
- New Hanover Band teacher arrested on 12 felony counts (Updated: Teacher fired)
ARCHIVES BY CATEGORY
Tag Archives: DOJ
Since the start of the bathroom wars, many have asked the question, where are the feminists? Well, a national group of feminists have answered on behalf of two women.
Albuquerque Journal reported:
A national group of “radical feminists” more commonly associated with fights for abortion and gay rights has filed a federal lawsuit on behalf of two Albuquerque women they say are at risk of greater violence, discomfort and oppression because of transgender policies in public schools. Continue reading
Over the weekend, a woman found a man masturbating in the stall next to her in a popular downtown Charlotte restaurant’s bathroom. Under the Charlotte Ordinance, the man’s presence in the ladies room would have been legal. Under HB 2, his presence there is illegal.
Just a day or so later, the U.S. Department of Justice filed a 70 page injunction against HB 2. Continue reading
Governor Pat McCrory’s response to the blackmail letter from the DOJ over HB 2 was to slap them back with a suit of his own.
Opening Sections of the 10 page suit included the seeking of declaratory and injunctive relief. It also included section thrashing the DOJ for its overreaching and radical rules based on interpretation of Title IX and The Civil Rights Act. The language also takes a stab at VAWA. Continue reading
Yesterday, the Obama administration’s Department of Justice sent threatening letters to both Governor McCrory and also to UNC’s Margaret Spellings.
The letters basically threatened North Carolina’s Title IX funding. The letters allege that HB 2 violated the Civil Rights Act and Title IX. The letters provide a May 9th deadline for responding. Continue reading
This is a repost of my weekly Da Tech Guy column: You Will Be Made To Care – Fed Ed Edition Continue reading
The saga of the Ricin letters originating out of Tupelo, Mississippi has taken another legal turn. Continue reading