The Latest from The Lady
- #DM7 Article: Procrustes In America
- @DrJuneAtkinson, It’s time for the CCSSO to #ReleaseTheFiles
- CCSSO President Atkinson Starts Campaigning Early
- Here Comes Occupy Monday
- 7 More Get A Free Ride
- NC Lowers The Bar For Passing End of Course Exams
- Buncombe School Board Backs Out Of Common Core Forum
- @WRAL’s Hard Hitting #Obamacare Navigator Investigation
- Romeike Family Asylum Update: DOJ Wins. Family To Be Deported.
- Moral Monday FL Recycled Rhetoric
Past Musings from The Lady
Category Archives: Poltical Correctness
Yesterday I wrote about a flyer that came home in the homework and take-home folders of hundreds of kids at Holly Ridge Elementary. That flyer is posted below. I also posted an image of the ‘Walk In’ protest event being promoted by a teacher during the workday on Monday using an official email. The story took on a life of its own and within hours it was clear the ‘Walk In’ being promoted in that flyer was being promoted through official channels in multiple locations throughout the state.
Yes, I am calling this a protest. When one sends out a flyer like the one below, advocating for one side of an issue, that could be called ‘raising awareness’…in political correctness speak. Events where you are speaking out against something, calling attention to something or are asking for people to join you in doing so are usually called protests. Speak out? Be heard? That’s protesting… and THAT’S OK. Continue reading