A.P Dillon on Social Media
Donate with PayPal
Donate with Venmo
Donate Other Ways
LATEST LL1885 POSTS
- Former Lenoir schools “interventionist” charged with sex crimes
- Former Buncombe special ed teacher pleads guilty to sex crimes
- Caldwell chorus teacher accused of embezzlement
- CMS teacher to be extradited to TX on child sex crime charge
- Harnett teacher facing 95 sex crime counts involving students
- More charges added to former Guilford Public Schools teacher
- Lincoln County teacher charged with assault on a student
- Franklin County Public Schools teacher charged with sex crime
- Fired Cumberland Schools substitute charged with crimes against minors
- Suspended Iredell teacher re-arrested for violating pretrial orders involving a minor
Tag Archives: Leandro
#NCED Updates: Leandro Report and DIT rules on reading assessment tool
This edition of NCED updates includes the release of the highly anticipated Leandro report by WestEd and the Dept. of Information Technology (DIT) has ruled on the contract complaint about the new reading assessment tool, Istation.
On the national front, The College Board is being sued for illegally selling student data to third parties. Continue reading
Posted in Big Ed Complex, EDUCATION, NC DPI, NC Ed Updates Tagged Leandro 1 Comment
NC Education Updates – Leandro, Read to Achieve, a Resignation and an Award
Here are some quick North Carolina Education updates you might have missed.Here are some quick North Carolina Education updates you might have missed.
Leandro update, more money thrown at Read To Achieve, a big resignation at the State Board of Education and a Common Core peddler gets an award. Continue reading
Posted in EDUCATION, NC Ed Updates Tagged Leandro, Read to Achieve 1 Comment
Roy Cooper’s Education Commission: Unelected, Partisan Shadow Group
Cooper’s Latest Stunt? A Partisan, Shadow Education Commission.
Back in July, North Carolina Governor Roy Cooper announced the formation an education commission entitled, the Governor’s Commission on Access to Sound Basic Education. Parents are once again missing from the discussion. Continue reading
Posted in Am Lens, EDUCATION, Roy Cooper Tagged Leandro, Roy Cooper Comments Off on Roy Cooper’s Education Commission: Unelected, Partisan Shadow Group
Is It Time To #OptOut In North Carolina?
In New York, 190,836 students opted out of the state’s Common Core ELA aligned test.
The Opt Out rate at Nathan Hale High school in Seattle, Washington for the SBAC test was 100%.
The entire 11th grade glass didn’t show up.
There is test dumping going on In Jeb Bush’s Florida. Miami-Dade, which is the fourth largest school district in the nation, has just announced cutting the state assessments to the bone, including end of grade assessments or EOG’s in elementary schools.
So where is North Carolina in the Opt Out Movement? Do Parents know the EOG is Common Core aligned?
KEEP READING — SEE WHAT IS HAPPENING IN OUR STATE ON TESTING Continue reading
Posted in A.P. Dillon (LL1885), Common Core, EDUCATION, NC Board Of Education, Testing Tagged EOG, KEA, Leandro, NC State Board Of Education, Opt Out 1 Comment