A.P Dillon on Social Media
Donate with PayPal
Donate with Venmo
Donate Other Ways
LATEST LL1885 POSTS
- Judge denies motions to dismiss in New Hanover schools sex abuse civil case
- Former Randolph area school counselor arrested on multiple sex crime charges
- Asheville teacher charged with indecent liberties, obscene materials
- Burlington Christian Academy coach arrested on sex charges involving student
- Ex-assistant principal convicted; sentenced up to 5 years for sex crimes
- 20-year veteran Wake County area teacher arrested on sex crime charges
- Former New Hanover teacher sentenced to 50 to 62 years in prison
- Johnston County SRO and public school teacher wife under SBI investigation
- Madison County math teacher faces 47 felony counts
- Wake County school bus driver charged with DWI
Tag Archives: Durham Public Schools
A Durham public schools teacher has been arrested as part of a drug raid jointly conducted by Carteret County Sheriff’s department officers and the Morehead City Police department. Continue reading
An employee of a Durham elementary school is charged with DWI and two other offenses related to a head-on crash on Glenwood Avenue in Raleigh. Continue reading
In a previous article, I went through a bill (HB 31) filed by Durham legislators that would essentially make Durham Public Schools a landlord. In that article, I mentioned that Durham had other options than to try this through legislation. Here’s why. Continue reading
Legislators from Durham filed a bill last week that would let Durham Public Schools become a landlord – for their own teachers.
Isn’t that like funding one’s own paycheck via rent to your boss? How is that going to work? Continue reading
As previously reported by this site, the Durham county school board was considering changing their meeting attendance policies in order to accommodate members choosing to engage in activist events over board meetings.
One member in particular, Sendolo Diaminah, had missed 9 of the last 16 meetings. Sendolo was elected in 2014 and claimed at the time he was running because he wanted to ‘represent the community’.
Diaminah, who self describes as a “black, queer communist”, was apparently not representing the community as a member of the board, but instead was too busy traveling and being involved in Black Lives Matter protests.
KEEP READING… Continue reading