Sign the Petition. Tell Gov. McCrory To Stop Common Core
The Latest from The Lady
- New App Helps Consumers Spend “Conservatively”
- Ruling Against Opportunity Scholarships For Low Income Kids To Be Appealed
- Wake School Board Hires New Principal For Cary School At $131,556
- About Those Bus Route Changes… “Walk Zones”
- Judge Hobgood Rules Against Vouchers For Low-Income And At Risk Kids
- Core Supporters Crying In Their Talking Points As Teacher Support Crumbles
- #ISISMediaBlackOut – propaganda TANGO DOWN
- CCSSO President Elect Atkinson Tips Her Common Core Hand?
- Powerschool Update Causing Chaos – Again.
- NC Public Schools Forum Continues To Carry Water For Common Core
Past Musings from The Lady
Category Archives: Government
The Indiana Department of Education has sent out surveys to determine migrant status of students so they can qualify for ‘additional educational support’. That support is apparently coming in the form of “national funding” — i.e., your tax dollars. This item is part of the student registration pack according to @DDog31:
.@LadyLiberty1885 check out the form that was in our Indiana regist pack for school. @sistertoldjah pic.twitter.com/3QZOZe2KH4
— DDog31 – JJohnson (@ddog31) July 31, 2014
Larger image: Continue reading
Report Title : Town of Tarboro
There are one or more findings in this report.
Investigators determined that a former Town Manager made nearly $366,000 of purchases over a six-year period that exceeded the scope of his duties and obtained over $87,000 for life insurance premiums without Town Council approval. Investigators also discovered that a former accounting clerk obtained over $30,000 in unemployment benefits for which she may not have been eligible and a former Electric Department director inappropriately received nearly $28,000 in reimbursements for his ex-wife’s health insurance. In addition, the Town Council failed to adequately oversee town operations to ensure accountability. Continue reading
The American Spectator has an interesting article up about the antics going on in Mississippi which highlights the group ‘Mississippi Conservatives’ giving money to Democrats. It appears a lot of money in fact and to key vulnerable Democrats. Of note in the story is NC’s biggest complainer about ‘outside’ and ‘dark’ money, Kay Hagan.
Relevant section below, but read the whole thing at American Spectator: Continue reading
Just a quick note on the IRS by Liberty Speaks: Phoney scandal, not a smidgeon of corruption, there’s nothing there-there, or my personal favorite, Republican witch hunt. These statements have been thrown around now for over a year. It … Continue reading