From the ‘Jumping The Shark’ files via WNCN:
WILMINGTON, NC (WECT) – Two people are combating the brewing issues with House Bill 2 by creating a new beer to promote positivity.
Erik Lars Myers, the Founder and Head Brewer of Mystery Brewing Company in Hillsborough and Keil Jansen, the owner and brew-master of Ponysaurus Brewing Company in Durham, are collaborating to make “Don’t Be Mean to People: a golden rule (saison).”
Yes, because HB2 is about being “mean” and not about wanting to feel safe in bathrooms or shower facilities.
These breweries can rest assured no money from my wallet will be spent by this beer drinker on these products or any others they offer.
Hey, question — Do both of these breweries have unisex or gender-free bathrooms? Likely not. They’re so mean!
The shark jumping continues, via WNCN:
One hundred percent of the profits earned from this beer will go to two different organizations.
The first is Equality NC, which promotes equality for lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender people. The other is QORDS, an organization that hosts overnight summer camps for gay, lesbian, and transgender youth or kids from LGBTQ families.
Coughlin said he expects residents to be open to the new brew because it encourages kindness.
Of course, Equality NC. The far left, Blueprint NC partner and pal of the Human Rights Campaign.
The second organization is missing from the article. Who is it?
Hey, did you know a porn site has blocked North Carolina IP addresses in protest? That story made me laugh so hard I choked on my coffee. That site is SO mean, denying North Carolinians access to Hot babes XXXX! As if TOR can’t get right around that, for the masturbatory faithful.
Speaking of “mean”, it’s sister ‘hate’ is circling over head courtesy of the NC NAACP, who has given HB2 the name “Hate Bill 2”. Now there’s the love we expect from the Moral Monday cabal.
From their press release is a list of factually incorrect statements and a nice dose of hate, which, of course, is because it’s all racist:
- Hate bill 2 violates the very principle of love of neighbor. Many people supporting it have not even read it and as a result they are being misled in the name of a misguided interpretation of religion.
- Hate bill 2 was passed in the spirit of the politics of Jesse Helms reincarnated and designed to use homophobia, race, and class as political wedge issues.
- Hate bill 2 discriminates against the working poor by taking away municipalities’ ability to demand that contractors raise minimum wages to living wages and pay vacation sick leave and have minority set asides.
- Hate bill 2 discriminates against on the bases of age, sex, religion, national origin, race, class, and disability because it takes away the ability of north carolinians to file employment discrimination cases in state courts.
- Hate bill 2 targets and discriminates against the LGBTQ community and creates a hostile community atmosphere.
- Hate bill 2 is not about protecting children. This bill is about promoting discrimination and the poisonous brew of racism, classism, and homophobia and we will not stand for it.
The hate release ends with “Please DO NOT BE FOOLED BY THESE JIM CROW TACTICS.”
For crying out loud, I can almost hear Bully Barber pounding on a lectern somewhere.
Oh no, it’s not about protecting children and women from the illegal and dangerous Charlotte ordinance that would grant predators legal access to facilities to stalk their prey.
No. Not at all. There’s no evidence women and children were in danger in other cities with similar ordinances after all… except there is evidence. Don’t let facts get in the way though.
The charge for this ordinance wasn’t led by a registered sex offender.
No. That’s not it either.
It’s about racism, doncha know? Even though one’s biological sex isnt’ a ‘race’.
Decide for yourselves.