What’s that phrase about politicians and diapers? They stink for the same reason and should be changed often? Yeah.
From the WNCN article:
“When I was first elected state superintendent, the graduation rate in our state was just 68 percent, but it has increased to an all-time high of 86 percent over the past 10 years,” said Atkinson. “I’m proud of the tremendous progress that we’ve made, but there is still work to do.
Really? No mention of how the graduation requirements have been watered down under her tenure?
No questioning of this graduation rate in relation to the UNC Paper Class scandal? A scandal where students were found to be reading around a 5th grade level and that happened under her looooong tenure?
Nope. No such questions from our lazy drive-by media.
I say: Bring it.
The moms fed up with Common Core are ready.
Here’s a taste of what’s to come:
#3 – More Teacher Turnover Report Drama using Common Core math?
- Progress NC Comms Director Takes NC Education False Narratives To HuffPo
- Teacher Turnover For the Math Challenged
- Progress NC’s political fodder Video vs Facts
#5 – Comments on Superintendent Ann Clark could lead to CMS board confrontation
Related: Earlier story from September on CMS/Clark pushback; includes Colette Forest.
#6 – Best schools in NC
Of note from the article, 18 from NC rated Gold, Just over a 1/4 of which are charters.
#8 – REPORTS: FORMER BUSH ED. SEC. SPELLINGS IS NO. 1 UNC PRESIDENT CANDIDATE (via Carolina Plotthound)
NOT A HOMESCHOOL UDPATES
(Courtesy of Carolina Plotthound)
- New Hanover Co. high school fight leads to robbery…
- Secretary in Nash-Rocky Mount schools arrested, accused of stealing nearly $38,000…
- Wake County teaching asst. had sex with student over the course of a year, warrant says…
- Fight breaks out, shots fired in parking lot of Charlotte high school…
- Mother sues Union Co. school board after alleged sex assault…
- Franklin Co. schools employee arrested, charged with sex offenses involving students…