It’s been four days since I reached out to Cox Mills High School’s assistant principal about the Town Hall/ Campaign event held there on Wednesday, April 16th. I have not received a reply to my email:
from: Lily Liberty <email@example.com> to: Aimy.Steele@cabarrus.k12.nc.us
date: Fri, Apr 18, 2014 at 8:56 AM
subject: “Friends of Education Town Hall”
Hello Ms. Steele,
I was made aware of the “Friends of Education Town Hall” just hours to the meeting actually occurring. I’d like to get some more information about it.
1. When was this meeting original set up and by whom?
2. When was it added to the school calendar?
3. Who contacted the local media to publish the announcement the day before?
4. Why was only the Democrat candidate for NC 82 invited?
5. Who sponsored and paid for this event?
6. Mr. Schecter’s comments qualify as a campaign speech given his direct reference to his opponent. Do you think it was appropriate to have one candidate there and not the others?
I will be publishing the first article on this event based on reports from concerned citizens who attended. More will follow. I look forward to your answers and clarifications.
Thank you for your time,
Perhaps they are catching up from the long Easter weekend. Hopefully, in the interest of transparency, there will be a response.