ICYMI – Three More School Threats In NC Last Week

In case you missed it, the NC school threat “me too” wave continued with three more reports made last week.

  1. CMPD arrests 14-year-old middle school student after Snapchat threat

March 1, 2018

The Charlotte-Mecklenburg Police Department and Charlotte-Mecklenburg Schools police announced that they are investigating recent threats on social media being made against area schools.

CMPD Chief Vicki Foster spoke at a Thursday morning press conference addressing the threats. She addressed a specific threat made against Southwest Middle School which was posted on Snapchat, and said detectives worked throughout the night to find who was responsible and made an arrest.

She said a 14-year-old student at the school posted the threat and has been charged with making a false report of mass violence on school property, which is a felony.

Bonus in the above article: CMPD is investigating four other threats

2. Murray Middle School Student Arrested for Threat

March 2, 2018

A 12-year-old boy at Murray Middle School is the latest in a string of students in our area arrested for making threats about violence at school.

New Hanover County Sheriff’s Spokesman Lt. Jerry Brewer says a teacher overheard the boy make a threat today during school. When she asked the boy, who was working at a computer, what he was doing, Brewer says he told her that he was looking for a layout of the school to shoot it up. That’s when Brewer says the teacher called the school’s SRO, who interviewed the child.

Investigators charged the boy with making a false report concerning mass violence on educational property.

3.  Cape Fear Middle student arrested after threat

March 2, 2018

A drawing of a gun being fired at the school was given to a teacher Wednesday.

A Cape Fear Middle School student was arrested Thursday after allegedly making a threat against the school.

The 13-year-old student was taken into custody Thursday evening, according to a news release from the Pender County Sheriff’s Office. On Wednesday morning, a teacher at Cape Fear Middle School was given a note that reportedly included a drawing of a gun being fired at the school.

The student is charged with felony making a false report concerning mass violence on educational property, according to the news release.

At least seven such false threats have been made against schools in Pender, Brunswick and New Hanover counties since the Feb. 14 school shooting in Parkland, Florida. Two Pender County high school students were charged Feb. 21 with making a false report after a SnapChat threatening the school system circulated among students.

Also – a 14-year-old kid managed to lockdown two schools after committing an armed robbery, stealing a car and evading police.



About A.P. Dillon

A.P. Dillon is the former Co-Founder and Managing Editor at American Lens. She resides in the Triangle area of North Carolina and is the founder of LadyLiberty1885.com. Her past writing can also be found at IJ review, Breitbart, FOX news, Da Tech Guy Blog, Heartland Institute, Civitas Institute and StopCommonCoreNC.org. Find her on Twitter: @APDillon_
This entry was posted in CRIME, EDUCATION and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

2 Responses to ICYMI – Three More School Threats In NC Last Week

  1. Pingback: Students ‘Walked Out’ As NC School Threats Continue | LL1885

  2. Pingback: Liberal Activism Alive and Well In Schools As NC Students ‘Walk Out ‘ | LL1885

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s