About That Police Involved Shooting In Raleigh… 8 Arrests in 2015 Alone

There was a police involved shooting this week in Raleigh that ended in the death of a suspect.

Before police had even released the name of the man, the man’s mother already knew it was her son (Via WRAL):

Police haven’t released the name of the shooting victim, but Rolanda Byrd told WRAL News that it was her 24-year-old son, Akiel Denkins, who had an outstanding warrant.13

“They killed my son for no reason,” a distraught Byrd said. “Everybody out here said he was running, didn’t have a gun, (was) trying to jump a fence, and that officer shot my son seven times. For what? For nothing.”

Nothing? The guy was running to avoid being arrested for the 9th time in a year:

Denkins had been convicted three times on drug offenses, according to the state Department of Public Safety. There were pending charges against him from last fall of possession with intent to distribute cocaine and probation violations.

And gee, maybe he did have a gun:

“Initially it is known that a firearm was located in close proximity to the deceased suspect,” said Deck-Brown. “That weapon, along with all other elements available at the scene will be processed.”

It wouldn’t be the first time Denkins was arrested with a concealed weapon. In July 2015 he was arrested for a concealed weapon and resisting officers.

In fact, in 2015 alone he was arrested 8 times.

Mind you, that was just 2015. According to News and Observer,  Denkins had over a dozen arrests and 3 misdemeanor convictions.

A search of NC’s Department of Public Safety came up with two records, but they seem to be indentical. For those wanting to search, Denkin’s record number is 1313233.  All three convictions were drug related and, in all three cases, he received a suspended sentence of Community Service.

None of this will matter though and I expect the paid, professional Black Lives Matter agitators to descend on the Raleigh area just like they did in Durham.

The Round Rev has, of course, jumped on this:

NC NAACP Seeks Further Information and Calls for
Full & Thorough Investigation in Police Involved Shooting 

RALEIGH – On Monday, February 29, NC NAACP leaders were informed of a police involved shooting in Raleigh. State Conference NAACP President Rev. Dr. William J. Barber had this to say:

“We have just found out about a police involved shooting in Raleigh earlier today. Local NAACP leadership has been alerted and are currently seeking to obtain more information. We understand that the Chief of Police has announced that an investigation has begun with local and state officials.  

We are greatly concerned about this matter and are praying for all who are involved. We—as should all citizens—are calling for a full and thorough investigation to be conducted, no matter where it leads.”

Remember:

Black Lives Matter Except When they shoot each other deray

Advertisements

About A.P. Dillon

A.P. Dillon is a Co-Founder and Managing Editor at American Lens. She resides in the Triangle area of North Carolina and is the founder of LadyLiberty1885.com. Her past writing can also be found at IJ review, Breitbart, FOX news, Da Tech Guy Blog, Heartland Institute, Civitas Institute and StopCommonCoreNC.org. Find her on Twitter: @APDillon_
This entry was posted in LadyLiberty1885, Law Enforcement, Outrage Industry, Protests, Racial Justice, Reverend Barber, The Articles, Wake County and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

3 Responses to About That Police Involved Shooting In Raleigh… 8 Arrests in 2015 Alone

  1. Pingback: GED, Common Core to Blame for Denkins? | Lady Liberty 1885

  2. Anon says:

    You bring up the point that he had plenty of prior arrestswith police. maybe that says more about the lack of rehabilitation built into the system than trying to throw out the justice system altogether because “this is too much by my standard”, which is what you seem to imply is a better alternative.

Comments are closed.