For $4oK a year, you too can protest the republican legislature.. err, I mean protest for “education” and recruit others to help you.
[jobsthatareLEFT] Aim Higher Now, Field Organizer, North Carolina: Organization Overview Aim… https://t.co/I6jq5yhleJ
— Jobs That Are LEFT (@jobsleft) January 22, 2016
Just a reminder, AIM HIGHER is one of Progress NC’s education protest astroturf groups.
AIM HIGHER is a project of NC Citizens Protecting Our Schools, of which is another “education” group formed by Progress NC’s attorney, Michael Weisel, who sits on their board.
Details via “Jobs that are LEFT“:
Aim Higher Now is seeking highly motivated candidates to serve as Field Organizers in Wake (Raleigh), Mecklenburg (Charlotte), Pitt (Greenville) and Cumberland (Fayetteville) Counties. Field Organizers will focus on voter registration and issue advocacy campaigns and will also work to build and strengthen the long-term progressive infrastructure in the state.
Field Organizers will report to their respective Regional Field Directors and will focus on day-to-day field operations in their region. Field Organizers will be responsible for implementing a portion of the field plan, recruiting, training and managing fellows, interns and volunteers, and will be held accountable to quantitative and qualitative field metrics. Ideal candidates must be able to complete tasks on tight deadlines.
Duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Recruiting, training, and managing volunteers who will participate in voter registration, phone banking, door-to-door canvassing, and community events such as house parties and town hall meetings.
- Engaging in direct voter contact through canvasses, voter registration, phone banks and events.
- Developing and conducting leadership and activist trainings.
- Generating public awareness and support through grassroots outreach.
- Assisting Regional Field Director in developing relationships with key community leaders, opinion leaders, and allied organizations and coalitions to build a base of support within the region.
- Candidates must have a knowledge of and strong commitment to progressive causes.
- Candidates must have strong interpersonal skills, experience meeting deadlines, and the ability to manage many tasks simultaneously.
- Candidates must have strong oral and written communication skills.
- Candidates must have an understanding of targeting and metrics and experience with database management, including the VAN and/or VoteBuilder.
- Experience managing volunteers and holding others responsible to quantitative and qualitative goals is a plus.
- Experience in North Carolina politics and government is a plus.
- Ability to travel and access to a vehicle is required.
- Willingness to work long hours, including nights and weekends, as necessary is required.
Salary is $40,000 a year. Benefits include paid vacation and sick leave, health, dental, vision insurance coverage and 401K.