This is a review of the past week of news on Common Core nationwide and in North Carolina.
Articles are organized by category.
- Another Controversial Lesson Used In Support of Common Core
- Sen. Tillman Presses Common Core Commission On Their Task
- #SB812 And The Common Core Commission’s Task
- My Letter To The NC Common Core Commission
- Gov McCrory, what are you waiting for?
- NC’s ASRC Committee on Review
- Lt. Governor Dan Forest Blames Common Core For Schools Getting D’s and F’s
QUOTES OF THE WEEK:
“The George H. W. Bush style of domestic policy that both his sons inherited is one of giving liberal programs half the funding and authority liberals want, but dolloping on so much conservative-branded “accountability” that it can be sold to the right. Poppy pushed “standards-based reform.” W. did No Child Left Behind. And Jeb is the leading GOP advocate for what’s become of Common Core. Whatever the merits, being identified so closely with a Bill-Gates subsidized education scheme hated from the right wing to Louis C.K. will prove costly.”
– The Week, Don’t run for president, Jeb.
- Reid Blocks Vitter’s Common Core Legislation from CRomnibus
- Reid Blocks CRomnibus measure prohibiting federal mandate of Common Core Standards
- Federal Spending on Education Continues In Croimnubus Bill
- Jeb Bush’s Common Core Problem
- Rand Paul hits Jeb Bush on support for Common Core
- Jeb Bush, Common Core, and the 2016 Presidential Race
- What Arne Duncan’s new senior adviser did to N.Y. schools
- Scott Walker Is Dialing Back On His Opposition To Common Core
- New Jersey Fourth Grader Obliterates Common Core At Board Of Education Meeting
- Parental Rights in Public School: Quickly Disappearing. Parents are Outranked by School Administrators.
THE WEEKEND READS:
- The Amazing Amounts of Money from the 1% to Candidates/NGOs
- The ‘Non-Common Core Math’ Questions That Stump Kids on Jeopardy are Baffling for the Wrong Reasons
- Denver Public Schools “back to the drawing board” in search for Common Core-aligned curriculum
- Letter: No common sense in math changes
- Leaving No Child Left Behind behind
- State Educators Call for Improving Common Core for Disabled Students
- Geneseo prof to lead effort to adapt Common Core (using $400k in state dollars)CCSS’s Twelve Pains of Christmas
- Common Core Exposed at Heartland Institute Event
- Pennsylvania Parents Concerned About Student Data Collection
- PARCC Attrition from 2011 to 2014: Not Looking Good for Pearson
- Summative Testing Task Force (North Carolina)
- Chickasaw school officials release ACT Aspire test results
TWEETS OF THE WEEK:
— Michelle Malkin (@michellemalkin) December 17, 2014
— Bob Owens (@bob_owens) December 17, 2014
— Truth in American Ed (@TruthinAmEd) December 18, 2014
— Logue (@manateespirit) December 21, 2014
— Badass Teachers Asso (@BadassTeachersA) December 21, 2014