This Is What Democrazy Looks Like
MAY DAY SPECIAL EDITION
This is a special edition of Democrazy to recap the May Day (or as I call it Meh Day) activities of the “mostly peaceful” occupiers. It may be updated (highly likely) after publishing as I come across more to add or links are sent to me, so check back.
— Occupy Wall Street (@OccupyWallSt) May 1, 2012
— Lady Liberty 1885 (@LadyLiberty1885) May 1, 2012
Prior Posts from me on Meh Day:
Arrests: As of 5-2-12 =
- Click HERE for approximate current count listed in @occupyarrests profile on Twitter.
- Click HERE for Occupy Arrests Website total (usually more accurate).
A run down of the day’s activities in a loose chronological order:
- MAY DAY: 20 Ways to Play Hooky and Join Occupy Portland on the Streets
- WNYPD Raids Occupiers’ Homes Before May Day Protests
- Businesses, Cars Vandalized During Protest in Mission District
- Bill Ayers & Terrorist Wife Attend May Day Festivities & Mayhem in Chicago
- Occupy Freaks Run Wild in SF: “This just seems like they’re frustrated with their impotency at this point”
- Drum Scum: Occupier Strikes Female Officer in Head from Behind
- BREAKING: Wells Fargo, Targeted by Occupy, Receives Suspicious Envelopes
- Occupy Cleveland Leaders Involved in Bridge Bomb Plot, Suspects Named
- Cleveland bridge-bomb-affidavit-plot.pdf (PDF)
- Michael Moore: OWS Bomb Plot, Assault, Vandalism Equal “A Good Day”
- Mugshots of the 5 would-be bombers from MoonBatTracker.
- Police Seize Bombs, Rocks, Pry Bars & Bags of Sh*t From #Occupy Seattle Goons
- Occupy Portland enters Northeast Portland home, ‘liberate’ it
- Occupy protesters march to show solidarity
- Stinging gas sends May Day protesters fleeing
- May Day Protester Flings Bricks, Pipes at Police During SF Standoff over Church Building – At Least 1 Person Injured
- Occupy Wall Street Violence at ‘Wildcat March’
- Seattle police report on May Day rioting
- Tuning up for the NATO summit
Twitchy was a huge help in keeping up with the events and especially images:
- Eye on Occupy: Reckless in Seattle (and beyond)
- Eye on Occupy: ‘Happy May Day, now go kill’; Update: Attempted bridge bombers confirmed Occupiers
- #corporategreed: Occupy/CWA’s paid hashtag becomes laughingstock
- Hey hey, ho ho, these Occupy chants have got to go!
- Occupy publicity arm celebrates San Francisco riot damage: ‘gorgeous’
- Everything you need to know about Occupy in one photo
- The Blaze has a gallery of the NYC protests.
More Photos: Lawyers chasing occupy clients, McDonalds shut down, Bahrain Protests, NYC protester being arrested and damage to the Seattle Courthouse. More from Seattle at Twitchy here, be warned – disturbing at points and KIDS were there. Yes, little kids.
Links with Video:
- SF occupiers open May Day festivities with mass rioting and vandalism (video)
- Seattle May Day violence, May 1, 2012. #seamayday (video)
- Oakland Occupier shouts at ABC7 reporter ON-AIR: Get outta here you f—kin corporate tools! (video)
- King 5 Cameraman Assaulted By #Occupy Goons Live on TV (Video)
- Seattle Courthouse Damage (video)
- Occupy Anarchists Smash Windows in Seattle Rampage – at Least 2 Arrested
- Obama’s Purple Army Targets LAX – Livestream
- Oakland occupiers clash with police (video)
- Occupy’s ‘Black Bloc’ in shoving match with police (video)