A.P Dillon on Social Media
Donate with PayPal
Donate with Venmo
Donate Other Ways
LATEST LL1885 POSTS
- Former Lenoir schools “interventionist” charged with sex crimes
- Former Buncombe special ed teacher pleads guilty to sex crimes
- Caldwell chorus teacher accused of embezzlement
- CMS teacher to be extradited to TX on child sex crime charge
- Harnett teacher facing 95 sex crime counts involving students
- More charges added to former Guilford Public Schools teacher
- Lincoln County teacher charged with assault on a student
- Franklin County Public Schools teacher charged with sex crime
- Fired Cumberland Schools substitute charged with crimes against minors
- Suspended Iredell teacher re-arrested for violating pretrial orders involving a minor
Tag Archives: facebook
Stotky’s Common Core Post Blocked By Facebook
This morning, I spotted the news that Facebook was blocking a specific article by Sandra Stotsky. The article is up on Breitbart.com and appears to be blocked based on it’s content by Facebook. I was able to post a different story to Facebook from Breitbart with NO problem.
Gee, that would mean that a group of folks reported the link as dangerous and Facebook locked it down. Yes, I concur with the title of Missouri Education Watchdog’s article on this turn of events: We must be winning if this is what proponents are resorting to.
Missouri Education Watchdog sounded off:
See this notice? Plans to eliminate common core and adopt common core standards are detected to be “unsafe” by Facebook security standards.
Dr. Sandra Stotsky refused to sign off on the ELA Common Core Standards. She published a plan (in Breitbart) for school districts to stop CCSS implementation in their districts. When folks tried to share it on Facebook, the above notice appeared.
Here is the plan published in Local School Districts Should Eliminate Common Core and Adopt Stronger Standards:
To my readers, here is your mission: FIGHT BACK.
1. Attempt to post this link to your page: http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2014/05/25/Local-School-Districts-Should-Eliminate-Common-Core-And-Adopt-Stronger-Standards
2. The pop-up you see in the MO Ed Watchdog article will come up.
3. Click the link at the bottom that says “let us know”.
4. Give Facebook a piece of your mind. Continue reading
Posted in A.P. Dillon (LL1885), Common Core Tagged facebook 1 Comment
Hey NCAE, Where Are Those ‘Walk In’ Links?
Yesterday I wrote about a flyer that came home in the homework and take-home folders of hundreds of kids at Holly Ridge Elementary. That flyer is posted below. I also posted an image of the ‘Walk In’ protest event being promoted by a teacher during the workday on Monday using an official email. The story took on a life of its own and within hours it was clear the ‘Walk In’ being promoted in that flyer was being promoted through official channels in multiple locations throughout the state.
Yes, I am calling this a protest. When one sends out a flyer like the one below, advocating for one side of an issue, that could be called ‘raising awareness’…in political correctness speak. Events where you are speaking out against something, calling attention to something or are asking for people to join you in doing so are usually called protests. Speak out? Be heard? That’s protesting… and THAT’S OK. Continue reading
Posted in A.P. Dillon (LL1885), EDUCATION, POLITICS NC, Poltical Correctness Tagged facebook, NCAE, Organize 2020 7 Comments
Saw this flamingly liberal gem and couldn’t resist…. “Remember when teachers, public employees, Planned Parenthood, NPR and PBS crashed the stock market, wiped out half of our 401Ks, took trillions in TARP money, spilled oil in the Gulf of Mexico, … Continue reading
Posted in A.P. Dillon (LL1885) Tagged facebook Comments Off on Remember When…