A.P Dillon on Social Media
Got PayPal? Donate Today!
Donate Other Ways
Got News? Get the Newsletter.
LATEST LL1885 POSTS
- Craven County Public Schools teacher extradited to Virginia on forcible sodomy charge
- NCAE regional representative boasts about sending “White Fragility” book to State Supt.
- Supt. Candidate forum highlights divide between support for systems versus students
- Orange County Schools “Equity” resolution includes Black Lives Matter
- NCAE President promotes “Pledge to Participate” in Black Lives Matter at School “Year of Purpose”
- Records request reveals ‘Whiteness in Ed Spaces,” “Affinity groups” at WCPSS EdCamp Equity
- Orange Public Schools Equity Dept. email details segregated “Affinity Spaces”
ARCHIVES BY CATEGORY
Tag Archives: Yevonne Brannon
Over at WBTV, the headline looms: Nearly 1,000 CMS Teachers Resign As Educators Lobby Lawmakers.
The thrust of the article is that teachers are resigning in “unprecedented” numbers in Charlotte Mecklenburg schools. Note the article does not include a breakout of the data or the reasons for resignation.
KEEP READING… WE’VE SEEN THIS MOVIE BEFORE. Continue reading
Earlier this week the NC Common Core commission or Academic Standards Review Commission (ASRC) met and allowed for parents to comment. See my earlier article, NC Common Core #ASRC June Meeting Update for reference. In my prior article I mentioned a particular “parent” … Continue reading
Yesterday, Judge Hobgood ruled against Opportunity Scholarships for low-income and at risk kids. Today, we find that NC Attorney General Roy Cooper will appeal the decision.
N.C. Attorney General Roy Cooper, a Democrat who has raised concerns about parts of the Republican legislative agenda, quickly announced plans for his office to appeal, according to Noelle Talley, his spokeswoman.
“Our attorneys believe that this is a constitutional issue that must be decided by the appellate courts,” Talley said in a statement shortly after the ruling. – News and Observer
Wait…For once in recent memory, Cooper is actually doing his job? So, what gives? Either he clearly sees this Judge is correct in his ruling or Cooper thinks this is a way to extend the BlueprintNC style slamming of Republicans on Education. Probably the latter if you that a closer look at the pushback. I’ve said this multiple times before, this is about protectionism of a system and not concern for these kids.
KEEP READING Continue reading