A.P Dillon on Social Media
Got PayPal? Donate Today!
Donate Other Ways
Got News? Get the Newsletter.
LATEST LL1885 POSTS
- #WCPSS Updates: Mental health screenings, the latest reassignment plan draft and failing schools
- Alamance teacher arrested for indecent liberties with students
- Former Winston-Salem teacher indicted on charge of storing a student’s gun in her classroom
- 63-year-old CMS teacher accused of having sex with a student found dead in apparent murder-suicide
- #WCPSS Updates: Heard about the BIMAS-2 yet? Plus, MVP drops their suit and a Magnet School Felon
- #NCED Updates: NAEP scores drop again, NCGA passes final Ed bills and teacher pay mini-budget
- 63-year-old CMS teacher arrested on multiple sex crimes charges with 17-year-old student
ARCHIVES BY CATEGORY
Tag Archives: WestEd
It’s hard to keep tabs on all of the Common Core supporters and their ‘non-profits’, ‘alliances’ and ‘organizations’. There are so many of them, that sometimes one forgets to check back and see what they are up to. Last year StopCommonCoreNC.org took a … Continue reading
Well, someone at the DOJ has never read Lord of the Flies.
The DOJ wants to try ‘courts’ run by teenagers because.. bullying.
Oh, and our Common Core pal, WestEd is in the mix with the grant for these ‘courts’. A grant that is over $1.8 million dollars.
KEEP READING… Continue reading
Common Core supporters are ginning up their own love of Common Core – again.
The echo-chamber of Common Core support is swinging into action via an ever-increasing proliferation of ‘education non-profits’.
These ‘education non-profits’ receive grants and contributions from other ‘education non-profits’, who receive money from other ‘education non-profits’ and so on.
The idea is to create a web or network of Common Core supporting groups to give the appearance that support for the standards is bigger than it actually is.
This creation and funding of multiple supporting groups are much like a Potemkin village. They are used, in essence, to carpet bomb opposition. This is a common political tactic used during election cycles to sway public opinion.
— KEEP READING —- Continue reading
Welcome to another installment of Pearson Is Everywhere!
Last time, we looked at the Pearson “Boss” app, which tracks your child’s engagement level in the classroom and can be purchased on Itunes.
Today, we’re looking at the ‘Turn Around’ Schools program. Continue reading
The March meeting of the NC Common Core Academic Standards Review Commission was held yesterday in Raleigh.
A big thank you to Major Dave for shooting video of the sessions and presenters. This is a huge service he has performed for the NC public.
KEEP READING…. SEE THE VIDEOS Continue reading
After six months of meetings, the NC Common Core Academic Standards Review Commission (ASRC) is finally going to hear from some experts on the opposition side.
Via Press release from the Common Core ASRC this morning, Dr. Sandra Stotsky and Dr. James Milgram will be testifying at the March 16th meeting.
Also coming is Kevin Perks, from WestEd. I have detailed information on Mr. Perks and WestEd following the press release below.
KEEP READING…. Continue reading