A.P Dillon on Social Media
Got PayPal? Donate Today!
Donate with Venmo
Donate Other Ways
Got News? Get the Newsletter.
LATEST LL1885 POSTS
- Durham teacher union pushing for $15 minimum wage for all educational staff
- Rowan-Salisbury Schools teacher arrested on Indecent Liberties with a child charges
- Parents need to weigh in on DPI’s proposed social studies standards changes
- Durham Assoc. of Educators: We can’t endorse returning to in-person instruction
- N.C. Dept. of Public Instruction continues changing Social Studies Standards
- Challengers only flip one seat in Wake County School Board races
- Former NC High School Principal sentenced to three and half years for sex crimes
ARCHIVES BY CATEGORY
Donate with PayPal
Tag Archives: Walk Out
Liberal Activism is alive and well in our schools. Yesterday was the national “walk out” protesting gun violence in schools.
Instead of ‘walking up’ to a fellow classmate suffering from bullying, NC students in various K-12 schools walked out. Continue reading
Well, local media is now on the Walk In Story. That’s good and bad.
Here’s the good:
Teachers taking this thing back are getting a forum with parents in their communities to discuss crucial points of interest that impacts them in their specific schools. Take Holly Ridge Elementary for example. They’ve put up their own independent site taking charge and setting the record straight. Holly Ridge apparently heard the criticisms from parents on the original messaging delivery is owning this their way. GOOD. BRAVO!
Here’s the bad:
Per normal, the local outlets are glossing over some of the details in an effort to be expedient. That’s a nice way of saying covering the rear ends of certain involved parties like the NCAE and their “member led” Organize 2020.
NCAE President Rodney Ellis spent his day in front of the media explaining a non-controversial walk-in on Monday… http://t.co/7LlZxneNdA
— ncae (@ncae) November 1, 2013
Reminder: Send those completed petitions to Larry Nilles, c/o Wake NCAE, 3900 Merton Drive, Suite 100, Raleigh, NC 27609
WRAL does a nice job of completely excluding that association in this report:
@wral Your Walk In video doesn’t mention clear NCAE Organize2020’s social media involvement. http://t.co/33DZXdbxjC pic.twitter.com/POpJLRpJz7 — LL1885 – A.P. Dillon (@LadyLiberty1885) November 2, 2013 Continue reading