A.P Dillon on Social Media
Got PayPal? Donate Today!
Donate Other Ways
Got News? Get the Newsletter.
LATEST LL1885 POSTS
- #WCPSS Updates: Mental health screenings, the latest reassignment plan draft and failing schools
- Alamance teacher arrested for indecent liberties with students
- Former Winston-Salem teacher indicted on charge of storing a student’s gun in her classroom
- 63-year-old CMS teacher accused of having sex with a student found dead in apparent murder-suicide
- #WCPSS Updates: Heard about the BIMAS-2 yet? Plus, MVP drops their suit and a Magnet School Felon
- #NCED Updates: NAEP scores drop again, NCGA passes final Ed bills and teacher pay mini-budget
- 63-year-old CMS teacher arrested on multiple sex crimes charges with 17-year-old student
ARCHIVES BY CATEGORY
Tag Archives: Voter Affiliation
There are primary shenanigans going on in North Carolina.
Get a whiff of what true desperation smells like. I’ve written about various candidates and a school official promoting the idea of Democrats switching their party affiliation to independent in order to influence the upcoming primary races in Cabarrus county. Now it’s going on in Rowan county too. Continue reading
Carla Black, Principal of Concord High School, recently received the Educator of the Decade Award from the Cabarrus County Branch NAACP and on her Facebook page, encouraged people who were Democrats to go out and change their affiliation to unaffiliated in order to vote in the upcoming Republican Primary on May 6th. So, what’s worse? A Principal endorsing a tactic meant to tip a primary one way or another or the fact the same Principal is endorsing this activity at a voter registration drive at schools?
By the way, this isn’t Ms. Black’s first encounter with controversy. In 2013, a letter was circulated by the “Concerned Community Committee” alleging various acts of misconduct involving fundraising, hiring of employees and other items that at Concord High School. An investigation cleared up several of the accusations.
This tactic of affiliation swapping is also being employed by Leigh Brown, the challenger to Rep. Pittman in NC-82, as well as others in the Cabarrus county area.
By the way, it appear that Black has since deleted this post as it is now nowhere to be found on her page. It is also possible her Facebook settings are not allowing me to view it. She also removed or has limited viewing to a post including a flyer for the event. I have images of both posts below thanks to a reader.
Screen captures are forever: Continue reading