A.P Dillon on Social Media
Got PayPal? Donate Today!
Donate with Venmo
Donate Other Ways
Got News? Get the Newsletter.
LATEST LL1885 POSTS
- Former Wayne County teacher arrested on indecent liberties, Former Winston-Salem teacher indicted
- Video: NCAE leaders discuss their “power” to keep NC schools closed
- Raleigh Montessori teacher arrested for child sex crime charges pleads guilty
- Craven County Public Schools teacher extradited to Virginia on forcible sodomy charge
- NCAE regional representative boasts about sending “White Fragility” book to State Supt.
- Supt. Candidate forum highlights divide between support for systems versus students
- Orange County Schools “Equity” resolution includes Black Lives Matter
ARCHIVES BY CATEGORY
Donate with PayPal
Tag Archives: Vision 2020
In December it was revealed that behind the scenes, legislators, education officials, think tanks and various non-profits we holding closed-door meetings at SAS, which were being organized by the SAS tied Education non-profit, BEST NC. [Read: BEST NC’s 2020 Vision Initiative]
This series of meetings, held out of the public eye, had a goal of producing a set of ‘topline recommendations’ for education in North Carolina. These recommendations, known as the “Vision 2020 Initiative” were to be rolled out sometime at the end of January according to conversations I had with various participants and with the CEO of BEST NC, Brenda Berg.
January came and went and February is now upon us. I’ve been keeping an eye on the BEST NCsite, but didn’t see the report anywhere. The “2020 Vision Initiative” report emerged yesterday — on the EducationNC site. The report itself, however, hangs off of BEST NC’s site. I’m sure I’ll have more to say on it once I dig into it.
KEEP READING…. Continue reading