A.P Dillon on Social Media
Got PayPal? Donate Today!
Donate Other Ways
LATEST LL1885 POSTS
- Goldsboro Principal Accused of Statutory Rape Found Dead in Woods
- #WCPSS Staffer Warns Teachers: Don’t “Culturally Appropriate” for Thanksgiving Activities
- Former NC Gov. Who Called For Suspending Elections Made Head of Natl. Assessment Board
- 60% Of Fake Republican Chris Anglin’s Donations Came From Two Democrats
- Head of Parent Org To #BlueprintNC: Let’s Bring Civility Back
Get A.P. Dillon’s Updates and Weekly Email Blast
ARCHIVES BY CATEGORY
Tag Archives: Validation Committee
Laugh or cry? Somehow, I missed this one.
One of the Common Core Validation Committee members defended her rubber-stamp yes vote on the standards with 4 sentences in the News and Observer.
As the sole North Carolinian on the Validation Committee for the Common Core Standards in math, I studied the data, and the standards are not developmentally inappropriate; they are internationally competitive.
At a time when money is tight and we are starving out our best teachers, are we going to waste public funds and generate two years of chaos creating another set of standards for two years? Mathematics in North Carolina is no different from in any other state. The standards allow economies of scale around professional development, writing tests and developing materials, and they serve the needs of highly mobile, under-performing student populations.
This is nothing more than political maneuvering to curry to ideologues at a devastating cost to our kids.
JERE CONFREY, CARY
Wow. Phone-in that list of talking points much? Did no one tell her they’ve moved on from the “politicizing” talking point she threw in as her concluding sentence?
I left a comment:’
READ MORE…. Continue reading