A.P Dillon on Social Media
Got PayPal? Donate Today!
Donate Other Ways
Got News? Get the Newsletter.
LATEST LL1885 POSTS
- #WCPSS Updates: The BIMAS-2 pricetag for experimenting on our kids
- #NCED Updates: Per Pupil Spending, Whiplash and Higher Ed news
- Wake County assistant principal arrested for DWI
- Buncombe teacher arrested on charges of having sex with a student
- #WCPSS Updates: Mental health screenings, the latest reassignment plan draft and failing schools
- Alamance teacher arrested for indecent liberties with students
- Former Winston-Salem teacher indicted on charge of storing a student’s gun in her classroom
ARCHIVES BY CATEGORY
Tag Archives: UNC
Here’s a challenge for the reader: Name a news outlet in North Carolina (and beyond) that didn’t have a misleading lede on the recent House Bill 2 (HB2) ruling by Judge Schroeder.
I saw about ten headlines on Friday after Judge Schroeder’s ruling that implied that HB2’s facility privacy section had been blocked statewide.
No, it’s not. Continue reading
I’ve been waiting for an article to accurately capture what I had considered to be the biggest scandals of all regarding the Wainstein report on UNC’s Paper Class scandal.
That biggest scandal, for me, was the question of how some of these kids even GOT into UNC.
The wait is over.
The Pope Center’s Jesse Saffron and Jenna A. Robinson have produced an article entitled, The Biggest Lesson from the UNC Academic Scandal Has Been Ignored.
The key point from the article is emphasized in the excerpt below.
KEEP READING… Continue reading
The headline at the Greenfield Reporter reads, “Military generals gather to support common core standards for public schools”.
Once you’re done rolling your eyes. Stop and listen.
Do you hear that? That’s the sound of nails of Common Core supporters raking the chalkboard in a vain attempt to reclaim their carefully crafted narratives.
Political junkies know that in politics, which is what pro-Core people are making the fight about, when you are going down you bring in your military and police supporter to praise you. There’s more to it than that however. We’ve seen how the Chambers of Commerce have been brought in, this is their call for reinforcements so to speak. There’s more to it than meets the eye. Keep reading. Continue reading