A.P Dillon on Social Media
Got PayPal? Donate Today!
Donate Other Ways
Got News? Get the Newsletter.
LATEST LL1885 POSTS
- NC State Board of Ed hold on Social Studies changes, will include Social Justice and Racial Issue
- Wake County teacher arrested on multiple counts of sexual misconduct with 5 minors
- Two Duplin County teachers charged with sex crimes involving students
- Stanly County teacher charged with indecent liberties involving a student
- WCPSS’s Office of Equity Affairs rolls out Black Lives Matter website
- Take Back Wake: Filing begins today for all 9 WCPSS School Board seats
- Law firm expanding investigation into sexual assaults of students in Guilford County Schools
ARCHIVES BY CATEGORY
Tag Archives: The Learning Accelerator
“It’s just a set of standards…”
The tests are aligned. Now it’s time to align the curriculum…for ‘free’, of course.
So who is going to align the curriculum?
Meet The K-12 Open Educational Resources Collaborative (K-12 OER).
From the K-12 OER Collaborative site:
“The K-12 OER Collaborative is creating comprehensive, high-quality, open educational resources (OER) supporting Mathematics and English Language Arts aligned with state standards.”
“This project is a state-led collaborative, with support provided by many of the leading non-profits in OER and education.”
“Members include eleven state education agencies, CCSSO, Achieve, Creative Commons, The Learning Accelerator, Lumen Learning, SETDA, and more. See the full list of participants.”
Open Education 2014
The K-12 OER recently held an event called Open Education 2014.
KEEP READING… THERE IS A LOT MORE, LIKE THIS QUOTE:
“This project is not creating a national curriculum and steps are being taken to ensure it will not be perceived in this way.”