A.P Dillon on Social Media
Got PayPal? Donate Today!
Donate Other Ways
Got News? Get the Newsletter.
LATEST LL1885 POSTS
- #NCED Updates: School Choice punches back, War on parents and various headlines
- Teachers in two different NC counties arrested on sex charges
- Burke County school receptionist indicted on child sex charges
- #NCED Updates: Leandro, the NEA and socialism, plus Gov. Cooper tries to dismantle school choice again
- #WCPSS Updates: MVP Math, Reassignment plan, Restart Status and a Brain Drain
- Alamance middle school teacher suspended after out of state sex charges filed (Update: Held WI teaching license)
- Former Caldwell County teacher pleads guilty to assault on female, sex crime charges dropped
ARCHIVES BY CATEGORY
Tag Archives: The Kite Runner
Parental Rights are increasingly under fire the Education System. See the update of one parent’s fight to engage in her child’s education in Buncombe county. Continue reading
You can’t say that Lisa Baldwin hasn’t fought the good fight over the use of The Kite Runner, which includes graphic homosexual rape scenes, suicide and violent beatings, in her child’s Buncombe county school. Continue reading
At the end of last month, I wrote about a former Buncombe School Board member questioning a reading assignment given to their child for an Honors class.
That board member is Lisa Baldwin and her scenario regarding the book The Kite Runner is a shining example of why I have begun blogging about parental rights in education in North Carolina.
Baldwin’s objections to The Kite Runner saw some traction and press from the Asheville-Citizen Times, but as is typical in NC media, the outlet didn’t tell the whole story. The Asheville Citizens times left out key pieces, which Baldwin corrects on her blog in the article, What The Asheville Citizen-Times Didn’t Disclose…
KEEP READING — BECAUSE SOME PEOPLE DIDN’T LAST TIME.
READING… ‘IT’S FUNDAMENTAL’… Continue reading
Former Buncombe School board member, Lisa Baldwin, recently raised an issue with school staff at her child’s high school.
The reading assignment was the book, The Kite Runner, and was given to her child in their 10th grade Honors English class.
KEEP READING… Continue reading