A.P Dillon on Social Media
Got PayPal? Donate Today!
Donate Other Ways
Got News? Get the Newsletter.
LATEST LL1885 POSTS
- WCPSS incapable of complying with State Board’s guidance for grading (UPDATED)
- NC DPI and UNC-TV to deliver programming for K-12 students
- Where was the emergency plan for school continuity?
- It’s Time We Stand Together
- Links to help parents during NC school closures
- Additional counts including statutory rape added to Winston-Salem teacher charges
- Substitute at Albemarle Middle School arrested for mass threat of violence
ARCHIVES BY CATEGORY
Tag Archives: Teacher of the Year
Here are some of the North Carolina education news highlights from last week. Updates include teacher pay rankings released, school safety committee, NAEP and Common Core, NC Teacher of the Year, National Charter School Week, legislative news and other education-related various updates. Continue reading
Here are some quick North Carolina Education updates you might have missed.
– School Choice Week is coming!
– Teachers of the Year named
– NC leads the nation in nationally certified teachers
– Robeson school selected for Innovative School District Continue reading
Yesterday was the public comment portion of the NC General Assembly’s Common Core study committee meetings. About 60 people spoke, 39 of which were in opposition to Common Core. The other 20 speaking in favor came from special interest groups, the NC Chamber of Commerce, the NCAE and education related professionals. It amounted to ‘experts’ versus parents:
All pro #CommonCore mesgs at #NCGA today had same underlying theme: We’re the experts, pay no attn to the parents WITNESSING the trainwreck
— LL1885 – A.P. Dillon (@LadyLiberty1885) March 20, 2014
One of the Pro-Common Core speakers sticks out a bit and is the recipient of NC Teacher of the Year award. Ms. Dickerson is also a Moral Monday participant and towed the cripple, slam eviscerate line. Continue reading