A.P Dillon on Social Media
Got PayPal? Donate Today!
Donate with Venmo
Donate Other Ways
Got News? Get the Newsletter.
LATEST LL1885 POSTS
- Former Wayne County teacher arrested on indecent liberties, Former Winston-Salem teacher indicted
- Video: NCAE leaders discuss their “power” to keep NC schools closed
- Raleigh Montessori teacher arrested for child sex crime charges pleads guilty
- Craven County Public Schools teacher extradited to Virginia on forcible sodomy charge
- NCAE regional representative boasts about sending “White Fragility” book to State Supt.
- Supt. Candidate forum highlights divide between support for systems versus students
- Orange County Schools “Equity” resolution includes Black Lives Matter
ARCHIVES BY CATEGORY
Donate with PayPal
Tag Archives: Taxes
A recent report published by the Cato Institute ranks the country’s governors on their fiscal policies. Among the eight given an “F” was North Carolina’s Governor Roy Cooper. Continue reading
While campaigning, Roy Cooper ran on an Occupy Wall Streetesque theme that corporations shouldn’t be getting tax cut and subsidies. Now that he’s governor, he’s handing out subsidies like Halloween candy while his staff is taking pot shots at tax cuts. Continue reading
My latest articles at Heartland are now available:
North Carolina Commissioners, Residents Reject Eminent Domain Proposal
Lawmakers Debate Post Office Entitlement Changes, Reorganization
Prior articles this month included:
Indiana Lawmakers Propose Excise Tax Hikes for Road Funding
North Carolina Panelists Break Ranks with Standards Commission
Kentucky Lawmakers Propose Rebooting State Education Standards Continue reading
In the last week, there have been a number of articles about student growth in Wake County Schools.
Some of these articles focused on what role Wake schools play in boosting the local economy. These articles, in my opinion, are laying a narrative groundwork for a coming bond proposal or tax increase.
We already know the Wake County Commissioners are ready to raid our wallets and have already given Wake County schools more money. It’s not enough, they will claim as they point to articles like the one I am about to deconstruct.
KEEP READING… Continue reading
This article originally appeared at Heartland Fiscal Times on October 29th, 2015.
Chicago City Council Approves Mayor’s Historic Property Tax Hike
The Chicago City Council approved Mayor Rahm Emanuel’s proposed $543 million property tax hike on Chicago homeowners, partially filling a gap between unfunded pension liabilities and available assets that exceeds $32 billion.
The property tax hike is the single largest tax hike in the city’s history.
KEEP READING…. Continue reading
This article first appeared at Heartland.org on October 13th.
‘Regressive’ Cigarette Tax Hike Proposed by California Lawmakers… KEEP READING… Continue reading