A.P Dillon on Social Media
Got PayPal? Donate Today!
Donate with Venmo
Donate Other Ways
Got News? Get the Newsletter.
LATEST LL1885 POSTS
- Former Wayne County teacher arrested on indecent liberties, Former Winston-Salem teacher indicted
- Video: NCAE leaders discuss their “power” to keep NC schools closed
- Raleigh Montessori teacher arrested for child sex crime charges pleads guilty
- Craven County Public Schools teacher extradited to Virginia on forcible sodomy charge
- NCAE regional representative boasts about sending “White Fragility” book to State Supt.
- Supt. Candidate forum highlights divide between support for systems versus students
- Orange County Schools “Equity” resolution includes Black Lives Matter
ARCHIVES BY CATEGORY
Donate with PayPal
Tag Archives: Supplemental Pay
A lengthy, well-written and detailed article at WRAL which covers the high teacher turnover rate in Edgecombe county mentions supplemental pay, but doesn’t give the figures.
These figures are important to understand why some counties might have higher turnover rates than others.
Here’s Edgecombe’s number of teachers (which also is the same number claiming the supplemental pay) and the average supplemental rates for the last five years: Continue reading
Cumberland County Schools is upset that their teacher salary supplement isn’t as big as Wake County’s.
So, the narrative we’ve heard from various sources is that North Carolina doesn’t pay it’s teacher enough. The untold part of that narrative is that the teacher supplemental pay is set by the individual districts.
Ok, so the teachers in Cumberland have a smaller supplement. The county sets that, so why not raise it? They have no problem paying their Superintendent generously, after all.
KEEP READING…. Continue reading