A.P Dillon on Social Media
Got PayPal? Donate Today!
Donate Other Ways
Got News? Get the Newsletter.
LATEST LL1885 POSTS
- NC DPI and UNC-TV to deliver programming for K-12 students
- Where was the emergency plan for school continuity?
- It’s Time We Stand Together
- Links to help parents during NC school closures
- Additional counts including statutory rape added to Winston-Salem teacher charges
- Substitute at Albemarle Middle School arrested for mass threat of violence
- #WCPSS Updates: Coronavirus Edition
ARCHIVES BY CATEGORY
Tag Archives: Struggle For Stupidity
Those engaged in fighting Common Core know how it is destroying the love of reading in our youngest learners. Common Core asks a kid to read a book, comprehend every facet of the book from title and author to extrapolating on story narratives and plots. They then have to write about it – without prompting. Remember these kids are ages 5-8 years old. Common Core attempts to take kids who are concrete thinkers to make them abstract thinkers. It’s developmentally improbable, but Common Core tries anyway with age and developmentally inappropriate standards in K-3. Continue reading