A.P Dillon on Social Media
Got PayPal? Donate Today!
Donate Other Ways
Got News? Get the Newsletter.
LATEST LL1885 POSTS
- Craven County Public Schools teacher extradited to Virginia on forcible sodomy charge
- NCAE regional representative boasts about sending “White Fragility” book to State Supt.
- Supt. Candidate forum highlights divide between support for systems versus students
- Orange County Schools “Equity” resolution includes Black Lives Matter
- NCAE President promotes “Pledge to Participate” in Black Lives Matter at School “Year of Purpose”
- Records request reveals ‘Whiteness in Ed Spaces,” “Affinity groups” at WCPSS EdCamp Equity
- Orange Public Schools Equity Dept. email details segregated “Affinity Spaces”
ARCHIVES BY CATEGORY
Tag Archives: Southern Workers Assembly
News and Observer reports that today, the Southern Workers Assembly is picketing the Raleigh courthouse in support of the Moral Monday arrestees on trial.
A labor organization is planning to hold protests Friday in half a dozen Southern cities to demand charges be dropped against the more than 900 people arrested in “Moral Monday” protests at the North Carolina legislature this year.
The Southern Workers Assembly plans to picket in front of the county courthouse in Raleigh at noon. The protest continues in Goldsboro and Charlotte that afternoon. Additional picketing is planned in Charleston and Columbia, South Carolina and in San Antonio, Texas the same day.
The organization – a network of local unions and organizing committees – is specifically rallying around Saladin Muhammad, a labor leader who is the first Moral Monday protester to be convicted. His attorney, Al McSurely of Chapel Hill, says the conviction will be appealed to superior court.
– Source: N&O
Southern Workers Assembly’s page goes into detail about Saladin Muhammad who is very invested in unions:
Muhammad, a founding member of Black Workers For Justice, led the organizing as an organizer of the national United Electrical Workers Union (UE) that formed the North Carolina Public Service Workers Union-UE Local 150, which has been a leader in the campaign to repeal the N.C. state ban on collective bargaining rights for public sector workers.
Mr. Mohammad is also invested in Socialism: Continue reading