A.P Dillon on Social Media
Got PayPal? Donate Today!
Donate Other Ways
Got News? Get the Newsletter.
LATEST LL1885 POSTS
- Two Roanoke Pre-K teachers charged with child abuse
- Buncombe County teacher faces additional charges
- Onslow County middle school teacher arrested for indecent liberties with students
- Morehead City area teacher arrested for sexual battery
- #WCPSS Updates: More OEA Holiday lesson nonsense and parents protest student reassignment
- #NCED Updates: NCAE hides membership again, a Renewal School District Explainer, General Assembly updates & more
- Guilford County Teacher charged with rape of student; held on $2.5M bond
ARCHIVES BY CATEGORY
Tag Archives: Socialism
This is a repost of my weekly Da Tech Guy Column:
Capitalist Bill Gates: Socialism Will Save Us! Continue reading →
The Occupy Monday movement led by Defacto leader of the NC Democrats have been making a lot of demands. Bigger government intrusion, more spending, and desires for items without a thought to the budget North Carolina has to work with.
Barber describes these demands as his “Five Point Moral Framework”. Don’t be drinking anything when you read the list below.
Secure pro-labor, anti-poverty policies that ensure economic sustainability
Provide well-funded public education for all
Promote healthcare for all, including affordable access, the expansion of Medicaid, women’s health and environmental justice in every community
Address the inequalities in the criminal justice system and ensure equality under the law for every person regardless of race, class, creed, documentation or sexual preference
Protect and expand voting rights, immigrant rights, women’s rights, LGBT rights and equal protection under the law
In a nutshell, the same demands made by Occupy Wall Street. Broad and vague with absolutely no specifics. That is a feature, not a bug in the design.
Rev. Barber’s demands would effectively erase all strides made to close the budget shortfall left behind by former Goveror Perdue. The demands add up to roughly $7 billion according to Senator Phil Berger’s office. See the statement to the press below: Continue reading →