A.P Dillon on Social Media
Got PayPal? Donate Today!
Donate Other Ways
Got News? Get the Newsletter.
LATEST LL1885 POSTS
- WCPSS incapable of complying with State Board’s guidance for grading (UPDATED)
- NC DPI and UNC-TV to deliver programming for K-12 students
- Where was the emergency plan for school continuity?
- It’s Time We Stand Together
- Links to help parents during NC school closures
- Additional counts including statutory rape added to Winston-Salem teacher charges
- Substitute at Albemarle Middle School arrested for mass threat of violence
ARCHIVES BY CATEGORY
Tag Archives: Social Media
So who or what is deciding an account should be “shadow banned” for lack of a better term? Is it an algorithm that searches for keywords? Is it based on user reports? Followers? Interactions? TOS violations? Twitter, after all, is notorious for suspending accounts for TOS violations, yet other accounts doing the exact same thing remain unscathed. I really could go on, but I digress. Continue reading →
Never discuss religion or politics with those who hold opinions opposite to yours; they are subjects that heat in handling, until they burn your fingers- Continue reading →
A Liberty Speaks Exclusive: The Jester Effect and #iAWACS
#iAWACS currently consists of 5 nodes or data points that capture public tweets according to parameters set for each individual node. They are listed in his article about the project “What US Social Media Is Doing and What US Social Media Should be Doing” on his website Jesters Court .
See how this self-funded application is tracking and predicting major events in real time. Continue reading →
Welcome back to another installment of Pearson Is Everywhere!
Last time we looked at Pearson spying on students via social media to ‘protect’ the Common Core PARCC tests.
Today, we have an update on that story. According to the Denver Post, Pearson is defending it’s monitoring of students, but promising to ‘let the states do it’ from now on. Continue reading →