A.P Dillon on Social Media
Got PayPal? Donate Today!
Donate Other Ways
Got News? Get the Newsletter.
LATEST LL1885 POSTS
- Wake County School Board Race Candidate List; 4 out of 9 seats unchallenged
- NC State Board of Ed hold on Social Studies changes, will include Social Justice and Racial Issue
- Wake County teacher arrested on multiple counts of sexual misconduct with 5 minors
- Two Duplin County teachers charged with sex crimes involving students
- Stanly County teacher charged with indecent liberties involving a student
- WCPSS’s Office of Equity Affairs rolls out Black Lives Matter website
- Take Back Wake: Filing begins today for all 9 WCPSS School Board seats
ARCHIVES BY CATEGORY
Tag Archives: Sendolo Diaminah
As previously reported by this site, the Durham county school board was considering changing their meeting attendance policies in order to accommodate members choosing to engage in activist events over board meetings.
One member in particular, Sendolo Diaminah, had missed 9 of the last 16 meetings. Sendolo was elected in 2014 and claimed at the time he was running because he wanted to ‘represent the community’.
Diaminah, who self describes as a “black, queer communist”, was apparently not representing the community as a member of the board, but instead was too busy traveling and being involved in Black Lives Matter protests.
KEEP READING… Continue reading
The Durham county school board has apparently considered changing its meeting attendance policies in order to accommodate members choosing to engage in activist events over board meetings.
The Center for Digital Ed’s report reiterated Wake County School Board ‘making history’ with the “remote participation in board meetings”. The Center for Digital Ed’s article continued, noting that the Durham school board also had members who participate in meetings remotely, but “they do so without the benefit of such a board policy.” and that “Durham board members utilize the state’s Open Meetings Law,”.
One of the main reasons Durham appears to be considering official policy changes with regards to meetings is over the lack of attendance by member Sendolo Diaminah. Continue reading