A.P Dillon on Social Media
Got PayPal? Donate Today!
Donate Other Ways
Got News? Get the Newsletter.
LATEST LL1885 POSTS
- Guilford County Schools teacher charged with multiple counts of sex act with a student
- Law firms file suit against Guilford County Board of Education in Holland case
- Former Yadkin County substitute teacher charged with taking indecent liberties with child
- Second suit filed against New Hanover School Board related to teacher-student assault case
- Buffy is still right about homeschooling
- New Hanover’s Michael Kelly has 4 more plaintiffs added to Civil Suit against him
- Radical Organize2020 members take over leadership of NCAE
ARCHIVES BY CATEGORY
Tag Archives: School Choice Week
Last week was school choice week and a number of journalists and bloggers convened in Washington, D.C. for the Amplify Choice conference, hosted by the Franklin Center.
On the first day of the event, we were given an inside look at two D.C. schools which offer a choice outside of the public school system for parents, Archbishop Carroll High School and Achievement Prep Charter School.
Both schools exhibited an atmosphere of elevated expectations from all parties, a sense of community and an overall sense of excitement of the students to be there. A persistent theme at both schools was that of concerns for safety of the students and how a safe environment vastly improves the ability of students to engage, learn and excel in their studies.
KEEP READING… Continue reading
School Choice week is coming!
Americans For Prosperity (AFP) will be holding screenings of the film ‘Waiting for Superman’ in Cary and Garner on back to back evenings in January.
I’ve seen the film and highly recommend it. Watch one of the trailers here.
Here are the details and locations:
Monday, January 26, 2015 from 6:00 PM to 9:00 PM (EST)
Garner Performing Arts Center
Tuesday, January 27, 2015 from 6:00 PM to 9:00 PM (EST)
Cary Arts Center