A.P Dillon on Social Media
Got PayPal? Donate Today!
Donate Other Ways
Got News? Get the Newsletter.
LATEST LL1885 POSTS
- Wake County School Board Race Candidate List; 4 out of 9 seats unchallenged
- NC State Board of Ed hold on Social Studies changes, will include Social Justice and Racial Issue
- Wake County teacher arrested on multiple counts of sexual misconduct with 5 minors
- Two Duplin County teachers charged with sex crimes involving students
- Stanly County teacher charged with indecent liberties involving a student
- WCPSS’s Office of Equity Affairs rolls out Black Lives Matter website
- Take Back Wake: Filing begins today for all 9 WCPSS School Board seats
ARCHIVES BY CATEGORY
Tag Archives: SB 561
Yes, I’m still on blog vacation, however I have an update on some NC Education issues and an update HB13 (Health assessments).
I’d like to take a moment and apologize if I upset the apple cart with my article the other day. I was particularly hard on Senator Soucek — Sorry about that, but being the voice for ‘we the people’ at times means I have to play bad cop.
Having said that, I might have to play worse cop now, again given what I see restored in HB 13 today. Continue reading
Approximately 46 education related bills made it through crossover. This list has all the bills proposed, but the ones in bold are the ones that made it through. Continue reading
At first, I was confused by this press release (full text at the bottom) from Senator Barefoot, who sat on the General Assembly’s Common Core Legislative Research Committee.
At first I wondered, how is the General Assembly going to direct community colleges “to develop a program that introduces college developmental mathematics and developmental reading and English courses into high school curriculums during the senior year.” when North Carolina’s K-12 standards (Common Core) are under review for replacement??
KEEP READING…. Continue reading