LL1885 on Social Media
LATEST LL1885 POSTS
- Wake Supt. Email: Cuts to Teacher, Student Budget Items but 3% Increases to ‘Support Staff’
- Cooper’s Q2 Filings Reveal Big Out of State Cash, Including Former NBA Commissioner
- E-Learning Academies Target Homeschool Students for Profit
- #DNCLeaks: NYC Gay Power Couple Hosts Fundraiser for NC’s Roy Cooper
- Campaign Finance Report shows Donor To Roy Cooper Is Party In #HB2 Suit
ARCHIVES BY CATEGORY
Sign the Petition. Tell Gov. McCrory To Stop Common Core
Tag Archives: ReVolt
Another #Green Fail. More of our money down Obama’s Sustainable toilet.
From Sustainable Business Oregon:
The parent company of a taxpayer-backer battery technology company has filed bankruptcy in a Norwegian court.
Portland-based ReVolt Technology, whose parent company is in Norway, said last month it would file bankruptcy because it had been unable to raise new capital or find a buyer.
The company had been developing a zinc-air battery technology that it said could deliver twice the energy of conventional rechargeable battery technologies, such as lithium-ion.
The Business Journal has been unable to reach ReVolt company officials.
Before it abruptly closed its doors, ReVolt received several taxpayer subsidies:
$5 million from a federal grant program.
$3.4 million from the state of Oregon’s Small Scale Energy Loan Program.
$1.15 million from a Portland Development Commission loan program
$500,000 from the governor’s Strategic Reserve Fund.
A copy of the company’s bankruptcy filing was not immediately available.
So they received over $10 million and still went bust. Continue reading