A.P Dillon on Social Media
Got PayPal? Donate Today!
Donate with Venmo
Donate Other Ways
Got News? Get the Newsletter.
LATEST LL1885 POSTS
- Former Wayne County teacher arrested on indecent liberties, Former Winston-Salem teacher indicted
- Video: NCAE leaders discuss their “power” to keep NC schools closed
- Raleigh Montessori teacher arrested for child sex crime charges pleads guilty
- Craven County Public Schools teacher extradited to Virginia on forcible sodomy charge
- NCAE regional representative boasts about sending “White Fragility” book to State Supt.
- Supt. Candidate forum highlights divide between support for systems versus students
- Orange County Schools “Equity” resolution includes Black Lives Matter
ARCHIVES BY CATEGORY
Donate with PayPal
Tag Archives: Post 2012-Election
Yesterday was rough. There were friends who voted for Obama who remained rather silent from commentary. Then there were those on Twitter and Facebook — ones where the concept of ‘winning gracefully’ has never entered their mind. Needless to say, … Continue reading
There will be a ton of post-mortems out there in the coming weeks and months. I want to put it out there right now that I have little complaint with the campaign Romney ran. It was a gentleman’s campaign, which should have carried more weight than it did however in an increasingly identity politics driven society, it failed to gain said weight. Last night, Atlas shrugged a shoulder.
This posts and subsequent themed posts are my way of working through the re-election of a man who is arguably one of the worst Presidents we’ve ever had. His record spoke for itself and this nation is divided; one only has to look at the popular vote tally to recognize that. Now that I have slept on it, I see last night as a bit of a wash. Matt Welch at ReasonTV closely hits on what I mean by that in terms of the House. Mr. Liberty and I talked a bit last night and we agree – the next two years will be like the last two years and we will see another 2010 election in 2014. Here’s Welch’s comments:[youtube=http://youtu.be/JgAMjndXORk]
In 2008, I was not yet blogging. I did, however, email a sort of list of predictions to myself the night Obama was elected. Quite a few of them came true in some fashion. In fact, most of them did. This list I am posting is by no means complete, but is what I came up with off the top of my head in free-flow writing. Let me state that neither now nor in 2008 did I actively WANT the President to fail. If he fails, we fail. Given the last four years, I do not see how it is possible he won’t fail again. The man is an economic illiterate and he is surrounded by ‘Yes’ men – by choice. Anyway, here is my list for Obama’s second term: Continue reading