A.P Dillon on Social Media
Got PayPal? Donate Today!
Donate with Venmo
Donate Other Ways
Got News? Get the Newsletter.
LATEST LL1885 POSTS
- Durham teacher union pushing for $15 minimum wage for all educational staff
- Rowan-Salisbury Schools teacher arrested on Indecent Liberties with a child charges
- Parents need to weigh in on DPI’s proposed social studies standards changes
- Durham Assoc. of Educators: We can’t endorse returning to in-person instruction
- N.C. Dept. of Public Instruction continues changing Social Studies Standards
- Challengers only flip one seat in Wake County School Board races
- Former NC High School Principal sentenced to three and half years for sex crimes
ARCHIVES BY CATEGORY
Donate with PayPal
Tag Archives: Police Chief McCarthy
The Death Toll In Chicago Is 286
Between Friday and Sunday morning, 6 people were killed and 30 wounded as the violence continues in the Chicago streets according to the Chicago Sun -Times. Most of the wounded were in their teens and early 20’s.
The list of the dead:
Richard Johnson – 22
Derrick Baker – 18
Jason Smith – 28
Taylor Diorio – 17
Alonzo Powell – 18
Anthony Carter – 36
Mayor Rahm Emanuel and his sketchy Police Chief, Garry McCarthy, have proven themselves inept in handling the violence in Chicago. Emanuel would rather quibble about chicken sandwich shops, defend Obama’s response to the violence and chat with dangerous racist, anti-Semite homophobes like Farrakhan.
The Feds are now moving in to quell the violence. Continue reading
The violence in Chicago continues beyond the weekend with another round of shootings that have injured at least 15 people, including a 10 year-old girl. Two are in serious to critical condition. Details on the shootings with links are near the bottom of this column.
The death toll for 2012 in Chicago stands at 254 with scores wounded. The cost of life is dear but the cost in dollars is running the city about $5.3 billion annually according to a study put out by the Center for American Progress. Continue reading