A.P Dillon on Social Media
Got PayPal? Donate Today!
Donate with Venmo
Donate Other Ways
Got News? Get the Newsletter.
LATEST LL1885 POSTS
- NCAE letter to Gov. Cooper asks for “significant executive action” to curb COVID-19 spread
- Iredell High School teacher charged with taking Indecent Liberties
- BLM co-founder edited out of WCPSS’ Office of Equity Affairs BLM themed site, but…
- Parent sues Iredell-Statesville schools over special needs son’s alleged assault by teacher
- Chapel Hill Middle School charged with forcible sex offense
- NCAE strangely silent on teacher turnover report
- Alexander County Public School custodian used camera to peep in school staff bathroom
ARCHIVES BY CATEGORY
Donate with PayPal
Tag Archives: Op-Ed
The theme of government overreach is a familiar one, but not one that the average person really thinks about when it comes to education.
The levels of intrusion and overreach being exhibited by the US Dept. of Education have been increasing ever since it’s inception. However, that overreach has accelerated at an alarming rate in the last seven years.
Extensive data collection, expansion of big brother style programs, monitoring and tracking of student behaviors and the use of lawsuits to force compliance of social justice issues under the guise of Title IX are just a few of the ways the U.S. Dept. of Education has usurped authority and dictated outcomes for the states.
An article written by Kim Fink of Coastal Carolina Taxpayers Association on these very issues caught my eye recently.
I’ve been given permission to repost the whole thing here on the blog. See below.
KEEP READING… Continue reading
The following is a guest post by reader Darren Davis. This is not a paid submission and may not necessarily represent the views of LadyLiberty1885.com. It is an opinion article. Inquiries or submissions from readers can be sent to TheLL1885@gmail.com
The Way the Media Manipulates the Way We Think About Guns
By Darren Davis
America is at war right now. There are people that are fighting tooth and nail to deny our right to the 2nd Amendment. There is no way we can deny that there has been an abundance of violence lately. We have the shooting in Aurora, the Sandy Hook Shooting, the shooting of Trayvon Martin, the list goes on and on. As tragic as these events are, the media seems to be looking at things the wrong way. By doing this, we have legislators that are actually suggesting that we place limits on our right to bears arms. This reaction is heavy-handed and isn’t going to solve the actual problem. Continue reading