A.P Dillon on Social Media
Got PayPal? Donate Today!
Donate Other Ways
Got News? Get the Newsletter.
LATEST LL1885 POSTS
- Guilford County Schools teacher charged with multiple counts of sex act with a student
- Law firms file suit against Guilford County Board of Education in Holland case
- Former Yadkin County substitute teacher charged with taking indecent liberties with child
- Second suit filed against New Hanover School Board related to teacher-student assault case
- Buffy is still right about homeschooling
- New Hanover’s Michael Kelly has 4 more plaintiffs added to Civil Suit against him
- Radical Organize2020 members take over leadership of NCAE
ARCHIVES BY CATEGORY
Tag Archives: Op-Ed
The theme of government overreach is a familiar one, but not one that the average person really thinks about when it comes to education.
The levels of intrusion and overreach being exhibited by the US Dept. of Education have been increasing ever since it’s inception. However, that overreach has accelerated at an alarming rate in the last seven years.
Extensive data collection, expansion of big brother style programs, monitoring and tracking of student behaviors and the use of lawsuits to force compliance of social justice issues under the guise of Title IX are just a few of the ways the U.S. Dept. of Education has usurped authority and dictated outcomes for the states.
An article written by Kim Fink of Coastal Carolina Taxpayers Association on these very issues caught my eye recently.
I’ve been given permission to repost the whole thing here on the blog. See below.
KEEP READING… Continue reading
The following is a guest post by reader Darren Davis. This is not a paid submission and may not necessarily represent the views of LadyLiberty1885.com. It is an opinion article. Inquiries or submissions from readers can be sent to TheLL1885@gmail.com
The Way the Media Manipulates the Way We Think About Guns
By Darren Davis
America is at war right now. There are people that are fighting tooth and nail to deny our right to the 2nd Amendment. There is no way we can deny that there has been an abundance of violence lately. We have the shooting in Aurora, the Sandy Hook Shooting, the shooting of Trayvon Martin, the list goes on and on. As tragic as these events are, the media seems to be looking at things the wrong way. By doing this, we have legislators that are actually suggesting that we place limits on our right to bears arms. This reaction is heavy-handed and isn’t going to solve the actual problem. Continue reading