A.P Dillon on Social Media
Got PayPal? Donate Today!
Donate Other Ways
Got News? Get the Newsletter.
LATEST LL1885 POSTS
- #WCPSS Updates: Magnet school hypocrisy, failing third graders, academic “integration” options
- #NCED Updates: Leandro Order and NCAE strike plans fizzle
- Alexander County Teacher arrested for assault on handicapped student
- Former Randolph County Teacher charged with rape
- Celebrating MLK: The Purpose of Education
- #WCPSS Updates: Enrollment Caps, Busing & Teacher at center of $450k settlement resigns
- #NCED Updates: Leandro, Istation, Help the MVP Math Dad, and headlines
ARCHIVES BY CATEGORY
Tag Archives: Oklahoma
ABC has an AP article up called Buyers Remorse on Common Core for Policymakers. “Buyers Remorse” On Common Core? Years after adoption and after a slew of slick presentations and truckload of education buzzwords, the reality of Common Core is coming home to roost — but only after citizens stood up and made noise. Our policymakers were all to comfortable to just nod and pat each other on the backs over Common Core. There is the lesson learned here: don’t take your eyes and ears off the powers that be.
KEEP READING… Continue reading
In a rather desperate move, the Oklahoma Dept. of Education asked their state Supreme Court to throw out the new law repealing Common Core.
Oklahoma Policy Institute:
Today you should know that parents, teachers and members of the Oklahoma Board of Education asked the state Supreme Court to throw out a law repealing Common Core academic standards. Their lawsuit argues that the bill repealing Common Core gives the Legislature too much power to rewrite academic standards and violates the separation of powers.
Exactly what separation of powers are they alleging the repeal violates? Also, is the OK Department of Education totally tone deaf? I mean, the hypocrisy in the line, “the bill repealing Common Core gives the Legislature too much power to rewrite academic standards” is rather hilarious. Only the Department of Ed is allowed to have too much power as made clear by the mere fact there had to be a REPEAL BILL?
Also out of Oklahoma — Oklahoma Superintendent Loses Republican Primary. The Superintendent (who was for Common Core before she was against it) was beaten by the challenger who was solidly opposed to Common Core. Continue reading