A.P Dillon on Social Media
Got PayPal? Donate Today!
Donate with Venmo
Donate Other Ways
Got News? Get the Newsletter.
LATEST LL1885 POSTS
- Wake County Schools employee held on $1.5M bond related to sexual offense charge
- NCAE letter to Gov. Cooper asks for “significant executive action” to curb COVID-19 spread
- Iredell High School teacher charged with taking Indecent Liberties
- BLM co-founder edited out of WCPSS’ Office of Equity Affairs BLM themed site, but…
- Parent sues Iredell-Statesville schools over special needs son’s alleged assault by teacher
- Chapel Hill Middle School charged with forcible sex offense
- NCAE strangely silent on teacher turnover report
ARCHIVES BY CATEGORY
Donate with PayPal
Tag Archives: Obama’s America
THE FRIDAY FOCUS
Free Speech In Obama’s America Edition
Conor Friedersdorf has a column up at the Atlantic which partly inspired this post. In it, he makes the case for why he is refusing to vote for Barack Obama. It’s a well laid out article, but the thrust of it is what spurred me to open this edition of the Friday Focus with it. That thrust being the media, liberals and Democrats all ignoring the activities they do not like about this President. An excerpt:
How can you vilify Romney as a heartless plutocrat unfit for the presidency, and then enthusiastically recommend a guy who held Bradley Manning in solitary and killed a 16-year-old American kid? If you’re a utilitarian who plans to vote for Obama, better to mournfully acknowledge that you regard him as the lesser of two evils, with all that phrase denotes.
But I don’t see many Obama supporters feeling as reluctant as the circumstances warrant.
The whole liberal conceit that Obama is a good, enlightened man, while his opponent is a malign, hard-hearted cretin, depends on constructing a reality where the lives of non-Americans — along with the lives of some American Muslims and whistleblowers — just aren’t valued. Alternatively, the less savory parts of Obama’s tenure can just be repeatedly disappeared from the narrative of his first term, as so many left-leaning journalists, uncomfortable confronting the depths of the man’s transgressions, have done over and over again.
Please do read the whole thing.
Now, how does this tie in to the title of this edition ‘Free Speech in Obama’s America’? Let’s start with Obama’s recent speech at the U.N., which when you boil it down is summed up in one line:
“The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam.” – Barack Obama, U.N. Address September 2012 Continue reading