A.P Dillon on Social Media
Got PayPal? Donate Today!
Donate Other Ways
Got News? Get the Newsletter.
LATEST LL1885 POSTS
- Wake County School Board Race Candidate List; 4 out of 9 seats unchallenged
- NC State Board of Ed hold on Social Studies changes, will include Social Justice and Racial Issue
- Wake County teacher arrested on multiple counts of sexual misconduct with 5 minors
- Two Duplin County teachers charged with sex crimes involving students
- Stanly County teacher charged with indecent liberties involving a student
- WCPSS’s Office of Equity Affairs rolls out Black Lives Matter website
- Take Back Wake: Filing begins today for all 9 WCPSS School Board seats
ARCHIVES BY CATEGORY
Tag Archives: Obama’s America
THE FRIDAY FOCUS
Free Speech In Obama’s America Edition
Conor Friedersdorf has a column up at the Atlantic which partly inspired this post. In it, he makes the case for why he is refusing to vote for Barack Obama. It’s a well laid out article, but the thrust of it is what spurred me to open this edition of the Friday Focus with it. That thrust being the media, liberals and Democrats all ignoring the activities they do not like about this President. An excerpt:
How can you vilify Romney as a heartless plutocrat unfit for the presidency, and then enthusiastically recommend a guy who held Bradley Manning in solitary and killed a 16-year-old American kid? If you’re a utilitarian who plans to vote for Obama, better to mournfully acknowledge that you regard him as the lesser of two evils, with all that phrase denotes.
But I don’t see many Obama supporters feeling as reluctant as the circumstances warrant.
The whole liberal conceit that Obama is a good, enlightened man, while his opponent is a malign, hard-hearted cretin, depends on constructing a reality where the lives of non-Americans — along with the lives of some American Muslims and whistleblowers — just aren’t valued. Alternatively, the less savory parts of Obama’s tenure can just be repeatedly disappeared from the narrative of his first term, as so many left-leaning journalists, uncomfortable confronting the depths of the man’s transgressions, have done over and over again.
Please do read the whole thing.
Now, how does this tie in to the title of this edition ‘Free Speech in Obama’s America’? Let’s start with Obama’s recent speech at the U.N., which when you boil it down is summed up in one line:
“The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam.” – Barack Obama, U.N. Address September 2012 Continue reading