A.P Dillon on Social Media
Got PayPal? Donate Today!
Donate Other Ways
Got News? Get the Newsletter.
LATEST LL1885 POSTS
- Wake County School Board Race Candidate List; 4 out of 9 seats unchallenged
- NC State Board of Ed hold on Social Studies changes, will include Social Justice and Racial Issue
- Wake County teacher arrested on multiple counts of sexual misconduct with 5 minors
- Two Duplin County teachers charged with sex crimes involving students
- Stanly County teacher charged with indecent liberties involving a student
- WCPSS’s Office of Equity Affairs rolls out Black Lives Matter website
- Take Back Wake: Filing begins today for all 9 WCPSS School Board seats
ARCHIVES BY CATEGORY
Tag Archives: Oakland
Quick Take from yesterday I meant to mention, Occupy Oakland held a 2 year anniversary rally. NBC Bay Area:
To mark the day, about 100 protesters rallied around the Marriott Hotel in downtown, where law enforcement agencies across the country were meeting as part of “Urban Shield” training exercises. First responders and police will learn how to react in the wake of a terrorist attack or a natural disaster.
And vendors are expected to market weapons to law enforcement, which is one of the reasons demonstrators are upset.
Protesters say they targeted this spot because they feel police are becoming too “military-like.” They point to Scott Olsen as a flashpoint for the worst that can happen during a civil rights protest. The Iraq War veteran’s skull was fractured during a 2011 Occupy protest with Oakland police when a beanbag was fired into his head.
They feel ‘targeted’? Well, DUH? Given the violence out of Occupy Oakland, that shouldn’t be a shock. In fact Oakland was seen as one of the most violent camps there was and cost the city over $3 million dollars. Oakland even had a murder occur at their camp. The fact they are still using Olsen as the poster boy without displaying the other side of him is not surprising. Mostly Peaceful, right?
Three Mostly Peaceful Occupy Oakland Cretins Charged With Hate Crimes
Occupy Oakland Protesters Arrested For Possessing Homemade Bomb
Occupy Oakland’s “F*ck The Fourth/Police” Frenzy: “Kill Cops” Vandalism Continue reading
So the question remains to these gutless wonders of Mayors: What about the rights of the majority of your citizens? Are their rights to use these parks unfettered meaningless? Is the safety of your community, the businesses nearby and the citizens just collateral damage while an unmitigated mob camps out, does drugs, rapes other squatters, die of overdoses, shoot themselves, shoot other people all while chanting in a cult-like format? Apparently the answer is yes. Continue reading