A.P Dillon on Social Media
Got PayPal? Donate Today!
Donate Other Ways
Got News? Get the Newsletter.
LATEST LL1885 POSTS
- NC State Board of Ed hold on Social Studies changes, will include Social Justice and Racial Issue
- Wake County teacher arrested on multiple counts of sexual misconduct with 5 minors
- Two Duplin County teachers charged with sex crimes involving students
- Stanly County teacher charged with indecent liberties involving a student
- WCPSS’s Office of Equity Affairs rolls out Black Lives Matter website
- Take Back Wake: Filing begins today for all 9 WCPSS School Board seats
- Law firm expanding investigation into sexual assaults of students in Guilford County Schools
ARCHIVES BY CATEGORY
Tag Archives: New Venture Fund
I’ve gotten in the habit of checking out the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation grant site on a regular basis.
I recently pulled up all the 2014 ‘college ready’ grants. The amount of money being doled out for 116 grants was over $87 million. This $87 million spans only 2014 through 9/28/14.
The second largest grant was to the CCSSO for over $6 million to support the implementation of their ‘strategic plan’:
KEEP READING, See who got the largest grant… Continue reading
Politico has a brief blurb about Glenn Beck’s We Will Not Conform event. At the end of that blurb, they lend credibility to the panel I was on – Messaging and Public Relations. Here’s what Politico has up:
— Pushing back against Beck’s populist rage, the Collaborative for Student Success today will release two videos featuring former Republican governors praising the Common Core standards. The collaborative, which has received funding from the Gates Foundation, plans to promote the videos through social media. A peek: http://bit.ly/Ugbalu.
That “peek” goes to The Collaborative for Student Success. They make some wild claims on that about page, including citing a statistic of support that they do not have a link to support. You’re just supposed to take their word for it. Their ‘about’ page clearly states who is behind this group. It’s exactly who you think:
The Collaborative is supported by both regional and national foundations, including: Carnegie Corporation of New York, Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, Helios Education Foundation, Leona M. and Harry B. Helmsley Charitable Trust, William and Flora Hewlett Foundation, Lumina Foundation, and the Charles and Lynn Schusterman Family Foundation. Other funders may soon be joining this important effort.
So, another Common Core pushing PR group? Pretty much. Continue reading