A.P Dillon on Social Media
Got PayPal? Donate Today!
Donate Other Ways
Got News? Get the Newsletter.
LATEST LL1885 POSTS
- #WCPSS Updates: Enrollment wanes, EdCamp Equity, Board member lie caught on camera, Green Hope fights to keep Dance
- #NCED Updates: Predator problems in New Hanover persist, Guilford buses kids to the polls, School choice and more
- New Hanover substitute teacher arrested for peeing in a cup in front of students
- #WCPSS Updates: District won’t turn over MVP Math docs, Enrollment estimates drop, and magnet priorities
- NCED Updates: New Hanover Predators, Istation, Common Core, Leandro, NCAE & Elections
- #WCPSS Updates: Another “Equity” camp, Literacy, a brawl and other headlines
- #NCED Updates: School Choice Week, NCAE Strike, Istation updates and Teacher Turnover
ARCHIVES BY CATEGORY
Tag Archives: New Jersey
Welcome back to Pearson Is Everywhere!
Last time we looked at Pearson’s methods of silencing opposition. Today we’re looking at their $108 million dollar contract in New Jersey associated with the PARCC tests. Continue reading
Meet the Common Core Four in New Jersey. More Davids fighting the Goliath that is Common Core. Continue reading
New Jersey Governor Chris Christie has issued an executive order related to Common Core that will institute a study committee much like the process North Carolina just went through. The difference being that this commission seems to be focusing only on the Partnership for Assessment of Readiness of College and Careers (PARCC) assessments.
Given the outcry on Common Core nationwide, Christie’s move not to examine the standards themselves might be seen as support of the standards. We’ll see how that plays out for him.
Related article: CHRISTIE STICKS TO MIDDLE OF THE ROAD IN ARRIVING AT PARCC DECISION
From the New Jersey State Governor’s Site: Continue reading
Common Core backlash has hit New Jersey.
At the recent National Governors Association (NGA) meeting in Tennessee, Governor Chris Christie made statements that he intends to issue an executive order on Common Core at some point this week. While Christie didn’t go into specifics on the order, he did say this:
Christie told the Associated Press that public skepticism about the standards can be traced to a general distrust of the federal government.
He said voters, “given the lack of confidence they have in government in Washington and that type of centralization, want their governors” to figure out solutions that work for their states.
Source -NJ.com, Chris Christie Plans To Issue Executive Order On Common Core This Week
Archer Lose the RepublicansNews outlets are reporting that Common Core was a ‘touchy subject’ at the NGA meeting. That’s ironic since the NGA is one of the two D.C. based trade groups who helped create Common Core. Read More about the NGA, CCSSO and Achieve, Inc. here.
Houston to NGA and CCSSO, you’re losing the Republicans. Continue reading