A.P Dillon on Social Media
Got PayPal? Donate Today!
Donate Other Ways
Got News? Get the Newsletter.
LATEST LL1885 POSTS
- Burke County school receptionist indicted on child sex charges
- #NCED Updates: Leandro, the NEA and socialism, plus Gov. Cooper tries to dismantle school choice again
- #WCPSS Updates: MVP Math, Reassignment plan, Restart Status and a Brain Drain
- Alamance middle school teacher suspended after out of state sex charges filed (Update: Held WI teaching license)
- Former Caldwell County teacher pleads guilty to assault on female, sex crime charges dropped
ARCHIVES BY CATEGORY
Tag Archives: NC AFL-CIO
Occupy Monday welcomed back the NC General Assembly today… hooraaaaay.
Now, with 78% more hyperbole and indignation! “@NCCapitol: A sequel to last summer’s Moral Monday protests at #ncga set to begin Monday.”
— Trip Radtke (@TripRadtke) May 14, 2014
The union desiring arm of the NCAE (Organize2020) that keeps pushing campaigns using our kids as their couriers was there:
#May14 the #NCGA comes back. @NCAE @ncnaacp @NCStateAFLCIO will be there to greet them. #ForwardTogether #OrganizeTheSouth — Organize 2020 (@Organize2020) May 14, 2014
In the tradition adopted last year, it’s the biggest Moral Monday yet! No, not really:
Dozens. RT @DavidWhisenant: Lots of folks here protesting #ncga policies. @ncnaacp @ncae Short Session starts at noon pic.twitter.com/W5ES1WJ9td — LL1885 – A.P. Dillon (@LadyLiberty1885) May 14, 2014 Continue reading
To date, no media outlet has asked the pointed question and received an answer from Aim Higher NC on who their backers are. We do know that Organize2020, the NCAE member-led protest arm, says they are not involved. We also know that Rob Black of Red Wolf Communications is being called a ‘spokesperson’ for Aim Higher in the media. Black was a former communications directors for the Teamsters.
The only clue is the Aim Higher website. At the bottom, it says”Built by Powerthru Consulting”. A click on that text takes you to a PowerThru Consulting page although the address remains AimHigherNC. Now, click on ‘Clients’. There is a long list of Unions on it, of which the AFL-CIO and Progress NC stand out as having a presence in North Carolina: Continue reading