A.P Dillon on Social Media
Got PayPal? Donate Today!
Donate Other Ways
Got News? Get the Newsletter.
LATEST LL1885 POSTS
- Former Randolph County Teacher charged with rape
- Celebrating MLK: The Purpose of Education
- #WCPSS Updates: Enrollment Caps, Busing & Teacher at center of $450k settlement resigns
- #NCED Updates: Leandro, Istation, Help the MVP Math Dad, and headlines
- Second Rowan teacher arrested on child exploitation, indecent liberties charges
- WCPSS high school teacher arrested for DWI with child in car
- #WCPSS Updates: A $450k settlement, thermostats and a substitute defends herself
ARCHIVES BY CATEGORY
Tag Archives: NC AFL-CIO
Occupy Monday welcomed back the NC General Assembly today… hooraaaaay.
Now, with 78% more hyperbole and indignation! “@NCCapitol: A sequel to last summer’s Moral Monday protests at #ncga set to begin Monday.”
— Trip Radtke (@TripRadtke) May 14, 2014
The union desiring arm of the NCAE (Organize2020) that keeps pushing campaigns using our kids as their couriers was there:
#May14 the #NCGA comes back. @NCAE @ncnaacp @NCStateAFLCIO will be there to greet them. #ForwardTogether #OrganizeTheSouth — Organize 2020 (@Organize2020) May 14, 2014
In the tradition adopted last year, it’s the biggest Moral Monday yet! No, not really:
Dozens. RT @DavidWhisenant: Lots of folks here protesting #ncga policies. @ncnaacp @ncae Short Session starts at noon pic.twitter.com/W5ES1WJ9td — LL1885 – A.P. Dillon (@LadyLiberty1885) May 14, 2014 Continue reading
To date, no media outlet has asked the pointed question and received an answer from Aim Higher NC on who their backers are. We do know that Organize2020, the NCAE member-led protest arm, says they are not involved. We also know that Rob Black of Red Wolf Communications is being called a ‘spokesperson’ for Aim Higher in the media. Black was a former communications directors for the Teamsters.
The only clue is the Aim Higher website. At the bottom, it says”Built by Powerthru Consulting”. A click on that text takes you to a PowerThru Consulting page although the address remains AimHigherNC. Now, click on ‘Clients’. There is a long list of Unions on it, of which the AFL-CIO and Progress NC stand out as having a presence in North Carolina: Continue reading