A.P Dillon on Social Media
Got PayPal? Donate Today!
Donate Other Ways
Got News? Get the Newsletter.
LATEST LL1885 POSTS
- Guilford County Schools teacher charged with multiple counts of sex act with a student
- Law firms file suit against Guilford County Board of Education in Holland case
- Former Yadkin County substitute teacher charged with taking indecent liberties with child
- Second suit filed against New Hanover School Board related to teacher-student assault case
- Buffy is still right about homeschooling
- New Hanover’s Michael Kelly has 4 more plaintiffs added to Civil Suit against him
- Radical Organize2020 members take over leadership of NCAE
ARCHIVES BY CATEGORY
Tag Archives: Michael Petrilli
There has been a rash of people claiming North Carolina, among other states, got rid of Common Core and that our standards are once again a mess. This is not even remotely true. Continue reading
“Ridicule is man’s most potent weapon.”
-Saul Alinsky, Rules for Radicals
After reading the latest diatribe, One Size Fits Most, Even in the Suburbs, from Michael Petrilli, I have a feeling the quote above is on a plaque on his desk. In a nutshell, he now has pulled ‘liberal’ and ‘likely atheist’ suburban moms into the insult fold.
Following Alinsky still, in that article Petrilli is trying to “pick the target, freeze it, personalize it, and polarize it”. Well, he’s doing it wrong.
Your target has to be specific. Mr. Petrilli is just flailing wildly at any parent he can hit with his mud. In most cases, Alinsky is right and ridicule is a potent weapon.
Moms are not ‘most cases’.
In the last month or so, we’ve seen the supporters up the ante and start using the term ‘politicize’ and phrases like, ‘if you don’t support Common Core you are against this White House and President’. Arne Ducan is on board this train, you better believe it. The supporters have just stopped short of calling opposition racists. Well, I expect that will change pretty soon. At any rate, these are all examples of what I call Shutuppery and it won’t be ending anytime soon.
I hope it doesn’t happen, but I see the signal for it in this Daily Caller article, Common Core Backers Regret Obama’s Involvement. I made the comment on the article that I didn’t think the casual reader was seeing the groundwork being laid in the quotes. They’re giving the nod to attack their own. Continue reading