A.P Dillon on Social Media
Got PayPal? Donate Today!
Donate with Venmo
Donate Other Ways
Got News? Get the Newsletter.
LATEST LL1885 POSTS
- Iredell High School teacher charged with taking Indecent Liberties
- BLM co-founder edited out of WCPSS’ Office of Equity Affairs BLM themed site, but…
- Parent sues Iredell-Statesville schools over special needs son’s alleged assault by teacher
- Chapel Hill Middle School charged with forcible sex offense
- NCAE strangely silent on teacher turnover report
- Alexander County Public School custodian used camera to peep in school staff bathroom
- Durham teacher union pushing for $15 minimum wage for all educational staff
ARCHIVES BY CATEGORY
Donate with PayPal
Tag Archives: Michael Petrilli
There has been a rash of people claiming North Carolina, among other states, got rid of Common Core and that our standards are once again a mess. This is not even remotely true. Continue reading
“Ridicule is man’s most potent weapon.”
-Saul Alinsky, Rules for Radicals
After reading the latest diatribe, One Size Fits Most, Even in the Suburbs, from Michael Petrilli, I have a feeling the quote above is on a plaque on his desk. In a nutshell, he now has pulled ‘liberal’ and ‘likely atheist’ suburban moms into the insult fold.
Following Alinsky still, in that article Petrilli is trying to “pick the target, freeze it, personalize it, and polarize it”. Well, he’s doing it wrong.
Your target has to be specific. Mr. Petrilli is just flailing wildly at any parent he can hit with his mud. In most cases, Alinsky is right and ridicule is a potent weapon.
Moms are not ‘most cases’.
In the last month or so, we’ve seen the supporters up the ante and start using the term ‘politicize’ and phrases like, ‘if you don’t support Common Core you are against this White House and President’. Arne Ducan is on board this train, you better believe it. The supporters have just stopped short of calling opposition racists. Well, I expect that will change pretty soon. At any rate, these are all examples of what I call Shutuppery and it won’t be ending anytime soon.
I hope it doesn’t happen, but I see the signal for it in this Daily Caller article, Common Core Backers Regret Obama’s Involvement. I made the comment on the article that I didn’t think the casual reader was seeing the groundwork being laid in the quotes. They’re giving the nod to attack their own. Continue reading