A.P Dillon on Social Media
Got PayPal? Donate Today!
Donate with Venmo
Donate Other Ways
Got News? Get the Newsletter.
LATEST LL1885 POSTS
- Wake County Schools employee held on $1.5M bond related to sexual offense charge
- NCAE letter to Gov. Cooper asks for “significant executive action” to curb COVID-19 spread
- Iredell High School teacher charged with taking Indecent Liberties
- BLM co-founder edited out of WCPSS’ Office of Equity Affairs BLM themed site, but…
- Parent sues Iredell-Statesville schools over special needs son’s alleged assault by teacher
- Chapel Hill Middle School charged with forcible sex offense
- NCAE strangely silent on teacher turnover report
ARCHIVES BY CATEGORY
Donate with PayPal
Tag Archives: MeckEd
Over at WBTV, the headline looms: Nearly 1,000 CMS Teachers Resign As Educators Lobby Lawmakers.
The thrust of the article is that teachers are resigning in “unprecedented” numbers in Charlotte Mecklenburg schools. Note the article does not include a breakout of the data or the reasons for resignation.
KEEP READING… WE’VE SEEN THIS MOVIE BEFORE. Continue reading
Yesterday I reported on Olde Providence Elementary using their school’s front display sign to push teacher pay as well as sending home letters with students there on the topic calling for ‘action’ by parents.
Today, I have a follow-up. No, the Principal has not returned my request for comment. Another parent has forwarded me an email from the Olde Providence PTA which further pushes parents to act on teacher pay. The letter includes links to legislator emails and a template. This email came from the President of the Olde Providence PTA, Mitzi Lynch. Continue reading
Yesterday, two photos were sent to me regarding Olde Providence Elementary school in the Charlotte-Mecklenburg school district. These photos had to do with the state of teacher pay in North Carolina and the use of Olde Providence school’s main front sign and a flier sent home with students. More activism involving our kids? It would seem so. Continue reading