A.P Dillon on Social Media
Got PayPal? Donate Today!
Donate Other Ways
Got News? Get the Newsletter.
LATEST LL1885 POSTS
- Law firms file suit against Guilford County Board of Education in Holland case
- Former Yadkin County substitute teacher charged with taking indecent liberties with child
- Second suit filed against New Hanover School Board related to teacher-student assault case
- Buffy is still right about homeschooling
- New Hanover’s Michael Kelly has 4 more plaintiffs added to Civil Suit against him
- Radical Organize2020 members take over leadership of NCAE
- Law Firm conducting civil investigation into Guilford teacher arrested on sexual assault charges
ARCHIVES BY CATEGORY
Tag Archives: Margaret Spellings
Three North Carolina Education updates this time around: Legislative committee on school safety has created two work groups, State Board of Education shifts positions around, yet another ‘education commission’ with Gates ties is making the rounds, and the Innovative School District assigns an operator to Ashpole Elementary. Continue reading
Yesterday, the Obama administration’s Department of Justice sent threatening letters to both Governor McCrory and also to UNC’s Margaret Spellings.
The letters basically threatened North Carolina’s Title IX funding. The letters allege that HB 2 violated the Civil Rights Act and Title IX. The letters provide a May 9th deadline for responding. Continue reading
Here’s a run down of some of the education news in North Carolina… and beyond. Reminder: Next Common Core Commission meeting is November 13th. That is a FRIDAY and not the usual meeting day, which is the third Monday of … Continue reading
After a bit of a rough-and-tumble, politically charged process, the President of the UNC Board of Governors has been chosen. John Fennebresque is out. Spellings is in.
Yes, Former Bush Education Ed Secretary and overseer of the failed No Child Left Behind, Margaret Spellings, will be the new head of the UNC system and will pull down $775,000 over five years for the role.