A.P Dillon on Social Media
Got PayPal? Donate Today!
Donate with Venmo
Donate Other Ways
Got News? Get the Newsletter.
LATEST LL1885 POSTS
- Wake County parents report incidents of harassment, abuse as some students return full-time
- Two separate private school educators charged with sex crimes involving students
- Southern Poverty Law Center’s radical education arm renamed “Learning For Justice”
- 18 year-old Wake County student charged with statutory rape
- Iredell-Statesville Schools Assistant Principal charged sexual exploitation of a minor
- Wake County Schools employee held on $1.5M bond related to sexual offense charge
- NCAE letter to Gov. Cooper asks for “significant executive action” to curb COVID-19 spread
ARCHIVES BY CATEGORY
Donate with PayPal
Tag Archives: LOR
I received the FOIA (Freedom of Information Act) back on the Pearson Equella Contract with the NC Community Colleges System.
The contract takes advantage of some Race To The Top Funds.
The signed MOU includes language for “K-14” storage of “educational content and resources” through the creation of the “Learning Object Repository” or LOR. From what the MOU says, it looks like LOR is an upgrade or enhancement of the existing Pearson Equella “NCLOR”.
NCLOR has it’s own site “Explore The LOR”.
Mission Statement: “The mission of the NCLOR is to provide a centralized location for the acquisition, collection, sharing, and management of quality learning resources for all teachers in North Carolina.”
A few of the document highlights:
The signed intent to contract document cites Pearson receiving $1,309,805, but another ‘signed approval’ document says the amount wasn’t to exceed $1,155,808.
According to the DPI Project Management MOU, the Project manager is to be paid over $85 an hour.
Just for reference, according to page 36 of the State Board of Education’s large contract list, the total cost of this contract (#10037399) came out to be $35,284,419.39.
$16,451,808.00 Federal (Race To The Top?) Continue reading